Thimble Thoughts: Ho Hum

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ho Hum

Today has been a rather blah day. Has it been that way for you or have you done something exciting that I haven't read or heard about yet?

Justin was supposed to go on a ski trip today, just a few hours up the road. He would have been gone for the day and back this evening, but this morning when I got up, he was sitting on the couch all ready to go having his devotions with flushed cheeks and glassy eyes. I felt his head and he was so hot. I took his temperature and sure 'nuff...a fever! 102.6 to be exact. Bless his heart. He had a sore throat and quite a bit of congestion with the fever. So, being the mother, I had to make the decision of telling him he was going to miss his ski trip even though the first thing out of his mouth was, "I feel fine...really." Yeah right! He slept nearly all day. LOL

That's really the only personal thing I have to share at this time, but I did find something in a book to share. From Under Construction....


The Rearward Look
A pastor, having temporary financial difficulties, said to his wife, "Dear, please cut down on expenditures, especially for clothes, until our finances improve."
Some days later the wife came home regaled in a beautiful new dress! Eyeing it with mingled feelings, he said, "It's surely pretty; but, Honey, I asked you not to buy any clothes for awhile. Remember?"
She replied, "Yes, dear, but when I was in the store I saw this lovely dress, and Satan tempted me!"
"Now, Honey, you know the Bible answer to such a situation. You should have said, 'Get thee behind me, Satan!"
Disarmingly, she replied, "I did that, Dear, but when Satan got behind me, he said that it looks good from the back too!"
Happy is the household when potentially explosive situations are defused and given a humorous turn!

Labels: , ,