Thimble Thoughts: My Valentine's Day

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Valentine's Day

I had an accident on a horse...well, OFF a horse, when I was seventeen. This was the result......


Yes, that's my leg. One plate and seven screws is holding it together. See that one screw by itself there at my ankle? Well, it's causing the bone to deteriorate. Which causes a great deal of pain in this cold, damp weather. And the more it deteriorates, the harder it is to walk, press the brake pedal on the car, prop it up on a recliner! Eventually I'll have an ankle replacement. Most likely in the next few years if I can wait that long. In the meantime I am in bed with my ankle propped up against the wall, wrapped in a heating pad and it feels so good! This has nothing to do with Valentine's Day, but oh, woe is me.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bruce's daddy passed away a few years ago, so today he decided to be his mother's Valentine and surprised her at work with a pot of tulips. He said she was so surprised. I wish I could have seen the look on her face. He also bought a pot of tulips for MY mother, which earned him about a thousand points with both me AND mom, and then surprised me with tulips too. I was just telling the children the other day that tulips were my favorite flower. He also bought me some Reese's miniatures.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Aren't they pretty?

After Brother RJ preached to the youth group, they played this funny game. The kids had to pull a piece of paper out of a bowl. On the paper was the name of an animal. Rabbit, pig, goat, etc. When Brother RJ said go, they had to start making the sound of their animal and find their "partner" making the same sound. LOL

After the game, we had a special snack for the kids. All sorts of goodies to be dipped in a chocolate fountain. Cookies, strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, etc.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Mrs. Liz getting the cups of ice. She's just about ready to have that little baby.

Here's our chocolate fountain. It was a lot of fun and I would love to get one for myself for parties. It was really easy to operate and the kids enjoyed it....ESPECIALLY CLINT!



Brother RJ

Yum yum, eat up!

It was a really great day. And I did get my poem when Bruce and I exchanged cards this morning.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
In this particular poem he was comparing our love to a car. Needless to say, it was a funny one~I loved it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bruce shows me his love....
*He rubs my bad ankle when he knows it's hurting.
*He likes to hold my hand anytime, anywhere!




Labels: , , , ,