Thimble Thoughts

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Today I went to visit Mrs. Church at her rehabilitation center. I highlited Mrs. Church in the last Faith Baptist Senior Moment.

She had her knee replacement last week and has had a very difficult time and in need of a lot of prayer.

When she transferred from the hospital to the rehabilitation center, they were putting her in a wheelchair that didn't have foot rests and her foot (on the leg she had her knee surgery) was dragging under the wheelchair. Her knee was in pain and she couldn't pull her leg up to hold her foot off the floor. It ended up damaging something in the back of her leg and now she can't put her heel down, which has slowed her physical therapy a great deal. This is not good. So please say a prayer for Mrs. Church. She really needs it.

While I was visiting with her, there were two other ladies there from our church and also her daughter. So five of us were in her little room and we laughed and talked and prayed. On my way out, three more ladies from church were coming in to see Mrs. Church. WOW, that's seven people from church today.

I headed to Wal Mart to do a little grocery shopping and guess what....there was my Pastor. He was picking up a few things. We said our hellos on the cookie isle and off he went. Then one of our Senior Saints happened to be coming down that same isle. That's nine people from our church today!

After I checked out I ran into my Sister-in-law who works in the bank there inside of Wal Mart. After saying hello to her and getting a warm hug, I ran into Michelle and her two younger children. They are also from my church. That's twelve people.

I made over their new little one and headed out the store when I ran into Missy....yes, the thirteenth person from our church.

Fortunately I didn't have too many errands today so I was free to chat a little with each person. But have you ever been really busy and it seemed like you ran into everyone you knew? Sometimes when I'm having one of those busy days, I feel like disguising myself before entering the local Wal Mart, seeing that's where I'm going to run into everyone I know. And I've learned never to ask how someone is doing when I'm running late for an appointment. As sure as the world, they will tell me. Every single detail. Clothing racks are great hiding places. Just dive right in there and pretend you're in the closet that will take you to Narnia.

Don't I sound terrible? ok, to be honest, I have never hidden in a clothing rack, but I've often thought about jumping into one and I KNOW it would be a great hiding place.

In all honesty, it's always good to see my friends and family. I love every one of yuns!

Labels: ,