Thimble Thoughts: Lessons From The Geese...Part V

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Lessons From The Geese...Part V

This is the last lesson from the Geese. I've had a good time doing this series and I hope you've enjoyed reading it.

Fact: When a goose gets sick, wounded, or shot down, two other geese will drop out of formation with that goose and follow it down to lend help and protection. They stay with the fallen goose until it dies or is able to fly again. Then, they launch out on their own, or with another formation to catch up with their flock.

Lesson: If we have the sense of a goose, we will stand by our sisters in Christ in difficult times as well as in good!

I was very sick one time and unable to be at church for several weeks. It started with a stomach virus and then moved to my head and it took forever to get better. I remember getting all sorts of cards, phone calls, and even a couple of visits. It was a blessing to know that people were praying for me. It made me want to hurry and get better. I missed my church family so much during that time. I missed their faces and smiles. Knowing that they missed me too was a great help while I was recovering. It encouraged me and made me want to get back to them.

When we find ourselves in a situation where we have no fellowship with the brethren it can bring us down to the point to where we feel that we don't need it. We must encourage one another and help keep each other in fellowship with other believers.

When one of us have fallen out of formation, whether it is because of sickness, discouragement, family problems, etc, we need to rally around that one and nurse them until they are ready to fly again.

So! *We need to lift each other up
* work together to accomplish our common goal
* share our talents, gifts, and ideas for church projects
* Encourage each other by "HONKING" praise to each other
*Rally around each other during difficult times

If we can do these five things, it will be five steps toward us (Daughters of the King) becoming a strong backbone for our churches.

Labels: