Thimble Thoughts: Love Week

Monday, February 12, 2007

Love Week

All my posts this week will be on love. Since, after all, it is the week of Valentine's Day. Don't you just love all the hearts and reds and pinks and whites and teddy bears, and flowers, and.......Yeah, me too!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We have something special planned for the teens Wednesday night. Can't tell you what, but Lord willing, I'll remember my camera and get some pictures of it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Someone is treating me special and I don't know who! I did not sign up to be a Secret Pal this year but someone has decided to be mine anyway. A couple of weeks ago, my hairdresser came and told me that my Secret Pal had paid for me to get my hair done and to call when I'm ready. So I talked to her last night and she's going to do my hair this week. Then yesterday I was informed by an anonymous source that my secret pal had a gift for me. "But I don't have a secret pal," I protested. "Are you referring to someone paying for my next beauty shop appointment?" "Nope," came her reply, "You have something from your secret pal." So baffled I made my way downstairs to the auditorium and there it was. Sure enough! A Valentine bag with MY NAME ON IT! How exciting. There were a pair of red earrings, which I wore to church Sunday night, tootsie rolls, and other Valentine goodies. What fun! I did go to Mrs. Janet and tell her that I was getting things from a Secret Pal and maybe we should make sure that someone didn't THINK they had me when they really didn't, but made it perfectly clear that I wasn't giving anything back. *grin*

The Bible says in Ephesians 5:25, "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it." So this week, with each post, I'll give you a couple of ways Bruce shows his love to me.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bruce shows me his love......

*Every morning when he comes home from work, he gives me a five minute back rub. I always start my day feeling loved and it's way better than waking up to an annoying alarm clock!
*He always offers to fix me one of his terrific breakfast sandwiches of Livermush, egg, and cheese. Don't snarl your nose. Livermush is nothing like liver pudding and Bruce knows exactly how to fry it up right!




Labels: , ,