Thimble Thoughts: Down A Garden Path

Friday, February 09, 2007

Down A Garden Path

I have several friends who are going through some difficult times in their lives right now. Circumstances beyond their control and they are having a hard time seeing God's hand in these times. So I watned to share this and I hope it's a blessing and an encouragement. This excerpt comes from Down a Garden Path To Places of Love and Joy By Karla Dornacher.

A few years ago a forget-me-not, with its tiny blue flowers, appeared amidst my deep pink azalea border. I had not planted this little charmer, but I greeted it as a gift from God - delivered most likely by one of my flying friends.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Every year the forget-me-not has multiplied and even though I never considered planting these two together, the harmony they create today is breathtaking! I delight to confess to all who compliment me on its beauty that this striking combination is God's design, not mine!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
God also has a special design for each of our lives. Sometimes He allows "seeds" of circumstance or relationships to take root that we would never have chosen for ourselves. But He knows what is best for us. And though we may not be able to see its beauty or purpose today, we can be confident that whatever God allows in our lives will be for our good, to help us become more like Christ.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Can you trust God's design in your life today?

Labels: