Thimble Thoughts: Thursday Friends

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thursday Friends

Usually, if I'm going to have lunch with a friend, I'll make it for Thursday. That's my "run around" day so it works good that way. Not to mention, it's payday. Woo Hoo!

So today, I met up with a friend from church....Brenda...and we had a very nice lunch. She had suggested Applebees, but I don't like Applebees and come to find out, she really doesn't either, but wanted to suggest a nice lunch spot. I thought that was sweet of her because it told me she wasn't thinking about herself. Come to think of it, I've never known her to think of herself. I like those kind of people, don't you? If the world didn't have people like Brenda, they'd be full of people like me. LOL ANYWAY! I told her to pick another restaurant for us since she was coming on her lunch break. I didn't want to take her too far from work. She suggested Fatz because she knows I like it. And I thought it was great, but she was pretty well bummed. From what we could gather, her food was partially cooked before her chicken was done so when she got her plate, the chicken was piping hot and her fries and shrimp were, well.........not. Mine was great. We did decide that the next time we went to lunch we're doing the Chinese restaurant.

After lunch, I came home to pick up my children. We dropped Justin off at Driver's Ed and the rest of us went to get my hair trimmed at Missy's. I love it when those dead, frizzy ends get cut off.

We went grocery shopping, came home to put them away, and ran right back out to Hannah's piano lesson.

When we arrived back home, Justin told me that Bruce took him to dinner at the Asian place (where I will NOT eat ever again for my own personal reasons) and ran into a man and his sons who told us that the wife had just given birth to their new baby girl, Sarah Beth. She was going to have a C-section Monday, but told the doctors she couldn't wait any longer. Although she has raised several children and still raising two sons, this is her first birth. So I'm really happy for her. I hope to get up to the hospital to see her Friday morning.

Bruce shows his love....
*He likes to sneak a kiss on the cheek in church every once in a while. Shhhh, don't tell!!

Labels: , ,