Thimble Thoughts: Staying the Weekend

Friday, July 18, 2008

Staying the Weekend

(pic taken last night)
One of daddy's doctors was going to send him to the rehab center in Charlotte today, but mom insisted that he stay over the weekend for more observations and if they wanted to send him after dialysis Monday, they could. Providing she felt he was ready. They can not determine why his white blood count is so high, although they did rule out an abscess in his stomach.

Mom said he was quiet and sick today. He doesn't want to eat either. There's really nothing more to tell at this time. Hopefully, they'll be able to learn more over the weekend.

I'm hoping that a visit from his grandchildren in the morning will be a good dose of medicine for him. He has missed them TERRIBLY! So I plan on taking them up there first thing in the morning.

I stopped cleaning mom's house long enough to meet Bruce and Harry at Love's Fish Box for lunch today. When I made it back to the house to finish cleaning, a dear ole' chum of mom and dad's called to check on daddy. It was good talking to him. I appreciate his thoughtfulness and the blessing he and his wife are being during this time. Thank you, Brother Tom and Mrs. Sue, I know the Lord will bless y'all for your kindness.

After I finished cleaning the house, I headed over to Pizza Hut to pick up dinner for us. When I got home Bruce said Mrs. Janet had called and said the kid's plane was running an hour late. Which is OK, I guess. What can I do about it? I sure am getting excited. I can't seem to keep my eyes off the clock. It will be so good to see them and, as Jodi put it, smother their faces with smooches!

Harrison claims he hasn't started missing them yet, but he grins sheepishly when he says it, so I'm having a difficult time believing him. I will say, though, that he has enjoyed being an only child this week. And he's been a riot too.

Justin and Hannah talk about "plans" they have for their future. Well, Harrison informed me of his "plan" the other day. He said, "I know what I'm going to do for my future." "REALLY?" I asked. He shook his head and said, "Yeah, I'm going to save up all of my money between now and the time I'm sixteen. Then when I'm sixteen I'll be able to buy my own car and pay off some stuff." That last phrase, pay off some stuff, struck me funny. So I asked him, "Harrison, do you have bills daddy and I don't know about?" He grinned and blushed a little, then replied, "No, but you never know by the time I'm that old."

Yep, it's good to know my eight year old is planning for his future. LOL

Labels: , , , , ,