Thimble Thoughts: Pretty Good...Yet A Little Odd

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Pretty Good...Yet A Little Odd

We stopped at FMC on the way to the hospital to see my brother and get some sugar. Doesn't he look professional? I think he stole the lab jacket. You know what? I don't think I was supposed to be taking pictures in front of the plant. Oh well!
Daddy was in pretty good spirits today. They want to move him to a rehabilitation center tomorrow. It's far away so I'm hoping mom and I can get him moved to the rehabilitation center here in town.

When they brought his lunch, he was finally ready to eat something. Just as he was about to take his first bite, his head turned to the left and it was as if he was in a trance, barely responsive to me calling to him. He would fight to turn his head toward me and then he would turn it back to the left. He was like this for a couple of minutes. By the time I got the nurse to the room, he had already finished this episode and had began eating as if it had never even happened. The nurse asked him a series of questions that he was able to answer but he did not recall what had just happened. It was very odd and left mom and me questioning what was going on.

They believe his sugar has something to do with his stroke and want to raise his insulin. They also suggested him using a pump. Which I've wanted him to use for a long time. So we'll see....
Jonathan O (the young man with his back turned) is our acting Pastor this week. With our entire staff, Mrs. Janet being the exception, in Puerto Rico, Jonathan is doing a great job. He stayed for a long time with us today and was a blessing to us. Then "little" John O' came to visit on his break. He loves daddy and has been worried about him. It was a blessing to have him visit also. These boys are so precious.

Brother John O' ("little" John's daddy) was leaving the hospital when we got there this morning and spoke to daddy about a sure path. His words were encouraging and stuck with daddy the rest of the day. He also took a picture of daddy sleeping...
He was OUT!

Labels: ,