Thimble Thoughts: Last Minute Shopping, Goodbyes, and Doctor Visits

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Last Minute Shopping, Goodbyes, and Doctor Visits

I took the kids to do some last minute shopping before they leave for Puerto Rico tomorrow. My babies are going to Puerto Rico and I can't go with them. WAAAH! I called mom to tell her we would be stopping by the bank for them to get their spending money and to say goodbye. She wanted to treat the kids to a special lunch before they left, so she took us to Mountain View Restaurant in our little town. It's locally owned with GREAT food. We were all stuffed when we left. Thanks, mom, it was so good.
Mom has been sick for a couple of weeks, and although she still has a very bad cough and some congestion, she did sound and look so better than when I saw her Sunday.


After dropping mom back off at the bank, we went to see daddy. He's been sick for a few weeks also and I have not seen or heard any improvement in him at all. After noticing that he had two black eyes from busted blood vessels, and that he could not see out of his right eye with the left eye not being able to focus, I called his doctor and got him an appointment for 4:30. I rushed the kids home, helped them do a little more packing, threw some laundry in the wash, and Harrison and I headed back to take daddy to his appointment. Being totally freaked at germs, all of this had to wait until after we all washed our hands and downed vitamin C and zinc....of course!

The doctor said he has a touch of pneumonia, which did not surprise me at all. He has a sinus infection and I believe his ear is infected also, if not both. Bless his heart. Because he has kidney failure, the doctor was a little leery about giving him this particular antibiotic. It's very strong so he just takes it every other day. I dropped his prescriptions off, ran him home, helped him into the house and got him settled back into his chair. Harry and I went back out to pick up the prescriptions, dropped them off at mom and dad's, and made it back home just in time for Justin and Hannah to return with Bruce from having their luggage weighed at church and packing the bus.


*sigh*

They'll be leaving early in the morning so please pray for their safety while traveling. I'm sure the entire group would appreciate those prayers!!

Labels: , , , , ,