Thimble Thoughts: Pillow Talk

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pillow Talk

Bruce and I were getting ready to turn in for the night. I rubbed lotion on my arms. He checked the doors. I fluffed the pillows. He made sure a hall light was on. I turned on the fan. He turned off the light. We crawled into bed. This was our conversation:

Bruce: What's wrong honey? You've been quiet all night. Did something happen at church?
Me: No
Bruce: Well what's wrong then?

Several seconds passed

Me: You ate my meat loaf.
Bruce: What?
Me: You ate my meat loaf.
Bruce: *snicker* I did?
Me: Yes, you did. But that's all right. I'm over it now.
Bruce: Awww, honey, you didn't eat supper tonight?
Me: No. I wasn't hungry at the time. I was waiting until after church. And when I finished putting my jammies on I came into the kitchen and it was gone.
(He had made a meat loaf sandwich.)

Bruce: Why didn't you say something? I would have gone to Taco Bell and bought you some Tacos. Baby, I'm sorry. I thought I was doing everybody a favor.
Me: What do you mean?
Bruce: Well, I figured you would be happy because your meat loaf was so good it all got gone and Justin would have an empty pan to wash without having to put leftovers away.
Me: Don't worry about it. I had toast and a piece of kielbasa.
Bruce: Oh, Baby Doll, now I feel bad.

When he said that.....I felt better.

Labels: ,