Thimble Thoughts: Your Time Is Up, Please Put Down Your Pencil

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Your Time Is Up, Please Put Down Your Pencil

We finished our yearly testing, required by our state. What a load off it is to have that completed and out of the way!

Hannah and Justin were finished with their tests week before last, but I had to wait for my examiner's manual for Harrison's test. They forgot to pack it when they mailed the test to me. But it did come and we have finished. This was Harry's first year and he did pretty good. I know he aced his math. And he actually did very good on the reading and comprehension, which was a surprise to me. You know he struggles with his reading so I predicted he would not do good in that area. But he did way better than I thought he would. The Language Mechanics, however.....well, let's just say I don't need his test results back to see where he needs help. LOL But I'm not worried about that right now. The mechanics are pretty repetitive, so that will come to him, just like his reading has.


I worked at the church today until church time this evening. Mrs. Janet and I have been working on the ceiling. That's finished now. PTL! After church, the children and I went back down to vacuum the floor and pull out the tables. All of the finishing touches (decorating the tables) will not be finished until probably Thursday and then we have a few things to blow up and place around the room Saturday morning. Wow, that was vague, wasn't it? Don't worry....you'll see what I'm talking about when I post my pictures.

Labels: ,