Thimble Thoughts: I'm Finished.....I Think!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Finished.....I Think!

I took my friend, Pam, to the hospital today so she could get a nerve blocking shot in her back. As I sat in the waiting room during her procedure, I was alone with a woman that was about as country as country could be. Which is something you see a great deal of in these parts the closer you get to the mountains. I'm not a very talkative person in the morning, but that didn't seem to bother her. She did enough talking for the two of us. As she was talking the Lord was prodding me to witness to her so I did. She mentioned something about her sister's church so I asked her if she went to church anywhere. "No, I don't go nowhere, Honey." She began to tell me how her daddy was a preacher when she was a little girl and when the Pastor of the church told him he had to preach a little quieter, he got upset and took 'em outta that church for good. But she was baptized there. I asked her if she knew Jesus. She said, "Well yeah, I know who He is." I said, "Lots of people know who He is, but do you know Him personally?" She assured me that she was saved as a young woman. Then she proceded to tell me about the last church she was in where three decons were fighting and she's never cared to go back to church since. I said, "It's a shame you let the devil win that one." Her eyes widened, "What do you mean?" I answered her, "The devil wants nothing more than to stir trouble in a good church. He knows it discourages others and it will possibly give them a bitterness toward church, which is what happened with you. So....Satan won." She told me I was right and that she had been trying to live a good life "...for a lot of years now." I invited her to our church. She knew exactly where it was. So who knows? Maybe we'll see her there soon. The conversation was good and she was actually delightful to talk to, except for the moments between our conversation when she was spitting in her snuff cup.

Tonight was my last night working on the SIGMA banquet. At least I think it is. I know I won't be working tomorrow and Saturday morning is looking doubtful. Lord willing everything will be finished by tomorrow and there will be no worries for Saturday.

Pam and I worked on decorating the foyer tonight. We covered the walls and it was a very...hmm...tedious job. Especially since Pam was not able to climb ladders, bend, or stand for very long periods of time. She was a little loopy so she took on the task of tearing the tape I needed for the wall covering. On a normal day, she moves like a turtle. Imagine a turtle in slow motion and that's what she was today. Eventually, I just took the roll of tape and did everything myself. She wasn't much help, but we had a lot of laughs and giggles. That broke up the time and made the work fun. Especially when we touched up a giant piece of coral with spray paint. Although there was plenty of ventilation, we probably could have used more. All joking aside, she did help...some...and I did tell her I was going to blog about our work night together.

And now it's time for bed. I'll sleep good tonight with the sound of pouring rain and our fan going. Ahhh, yes..............

Labels: ,