Thimble Thoughts: Mother's Day Weekend

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day is a special day. It's also a very busy day. Especially when you have two church services and two mothers to honor between those services. Everything seems so rushed. So, we celebrated with our mothers on Saturday. We stopped at my mom's first. I think I caught Bruce off guard here.

Daddy obviously was not caught off guard.

My card to mom made her cry. HA!

We bought her this robe and some other things she wanted.
We had a wonderful visit with my parents and then went to see Marie.
She's going on a cruise in a couple of months with some of her brothers and sisters so we bought her a new outfit for that.
She usually does not like to have her picture taken, but insisted on pictures of herself with me and Bruce. Of course we were happy to oblige.
Sunday morning after we were all dressed for church, the children gave me their cards and gifts. I got a new brag book, a new card game that I'm eager to play, and a bag of my favorite candy, caramel creams.
I taught Sunday school for my mom. I had the children make book marks for their mommies.

I kind of had my feelings hurt Saturday night. I won't give the details, but even though I expected what happened, it hurt just the same. I was feeling really burdened and low Sunday morning, but almost as soon as I walked into the doors of the church a dear friend slipped me a Mother's Day card expressing her love for me and what a wonderful friend I had been to her. I didn't even get to read the card for crying over what she wrote. And then when I got up in the choir, I was hugged by another lady that told me thank you for being a good friend to her these last few years. That was God! I just cried all through the singing service. Then Pastor preached a message that spoke to me about hurt feelings. That wasn't his only point, but that point was just for me. Isn't God good to give us just what we need when we need it?

Bruce bought stuffed crust pizza for lunch at my request and then we hit the sack for a nice loooong Sunday nap. Ahhhh, it was great!
Sunday night, Vintage Faith got up to sing and I have to say, it was the best I've ever heard them. It was a touching service. One that several needed. You could feel the Holy Spirit moving among His people.
After church, we had a surprise birthday party for Josh, our Pastor's son. His mom invited our Young Married Class since most of us babysit Josh. Ok, we really don't babysit him since he's almost 30, but that was the joke last night.


He was very surprised. He almost turned around and walked out. LOL
But he stayed for the food and laughs.


Mrs. Ava had a pretty good spread of food, including her famous spinach dip and chicken croissants. It was delish!
Even "little man" was ready to party. Ain't he purty? He looks just like his mama.
Jeremy, Justin, Spencer, Clayton, and Dustin in the back there.
Nicole
Josh's cake

It was a big day and a good one. I hope you had a great Mother's Day like I did.

Labels: , ,