Thimble Thoughts: Plants and Stuff

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Plants and Stuff

Monday and Tuesday with Brother Joe Arthur was wonderful. God moved in both services and hearts were moved and changed. Including mine. The Lord has worked in me MUCH these last few days. He has shown His glory to me and His love for me and I praise Him for that. There are things in my past, which I often feel, stands between me and God, causing Him not to WANT to use me. But it took the messages and some events to realize that I am the one who has let those things hold me back from fully being used of the Lord. And I'm thankful for the man of God that came this week and said what the Lord would have him to say that would help me. To God be the glory.

We had another teenager saved this week. Our associate Pastor's son, Spencer, received Christ Tuesday morning. He had gotten out of the car at his Christian school and took just a few steps before coming back to the car and getting back in. He told Brother Blain Richard, who had taken him to school that day, that he was tired of playing games and needed to get things right with God. And get them right he did! Praise the Lord!

When you pray for revival, wonderful things happen. When you expect revival.....it will come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A week or so ago I posted about the plant kits I had found at Wal Mart. The kids have had fun watching them grow. I told them to document the plant's growth and I took some pictures of them.

This one is blury, but you can see the growth of Justin's tomato plant there on the left.


Hannah's sunflower has really taken off and she's just bursting with pride over it.


Harrison is very proud of the growth of his sunflower also.


Here's Hannah taking a picture of her plant as part of her documentation.


For this week's SIGMA games we did a caterpillar game where they were divided in teams and participated in a relay where each one had to get into a sleeping bag and "worm" their way to Brother RJ and back. Hilarious!


The second game we played, we had pink and green confetti strips on the floor. Again, they were divided in teams and each person on the team had five seconds to suck up their team's color with the vacuum hose. Then when everyone had their turn, the containers were emptied and the team that sucked up the most of their color won.


Each week after games have been played and Bible verses has been said, we gather for Brother RJ to preach to the kids. This year our theme is on taking The Old Paths. His sermons have been wonderful each week and the youth is beginning to bear the fruit of the messages. Praise the Lord!

Labels: ,