Thimble Thoughts: My, My, Monday!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My, My, Monday!

This weekend was busy as usual. We had bus church Saturday and Justin was able to lead one of the bus teens to the Lord. He was excited about that. The young man's name is Brandon Goins. He's been a bus kid since we started the bus ministry. It was a blessing for Justin to be able to show this boy how to accept Christ and it was a blessing to me to see Justin so happy over it.

We had some great services yesterday. There are several people in our church that are going through some real trials. I'm so glad I have a church and church family that reaches out to each other. There's a healing process that takes place when you're in the midst of God's people.

This morning I got busy cleaning out my washroom. Oh dear. What a mess that was! Halfway through I wanted to just throw everything away, but I knew I couldn't do that. I did throw a great deal away though. Do any of you have a place where things get stored for mending or to be fixed? Well, my washroom became that place. The things that needed mending were under the things that needed fixing and when I found them today, I realized my children had already outgrown what was there. Shame on me! My goal was to make new curtains for my backdoor, but I never got around to it because of the washroom. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

I gave the boys and Hannah a hair cut today. That was funny. I told Justin I wanted to take off just 1/8". So he sat in the chair and do you know what? I took off down TO 1/8". LOL As soon as I made that first swipe up, it was very obvious what I had done. My initial reaction was a gasp. My second reaction was hysterical giggling. And then of course his dad had to get in on it. Fret not! I was able to fix it and it is actually the best hair cut I've given him in a long time.

After haircuts, making sure the children had their baths, and several loads of laundry, I took Justin to his first day of Driver's Education. Here's a picture I took of him before we left.



When I was growing up, we moved quite a bit and therefore I was in several different schools. I always hated being the "new kid." I outgrew that about the sixth grade and became the magpie I am today. Justin has picked that up and doesn't have trouble getting along with people. He has a very mild mannered nature about him. Very humble. But all the way to the local highschool I was dreading dropping him off and leaving him. The Lord knew I was struggling with it. I didn't say anything to Justin, but the Lord knew how heavy my heart was. But he had already set things up for Justin and we didn't even know it. As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, Justin said, "Hey, there's Craig and Katie. I know them from Teens-4-Christ!" He had met them several months ago when the Teens-4-Christ met and went to the zoo. They don't attend this local highschool either. They are from Heritage Christian school and their parents had signed them up for Driver's Ed too. When I got him signed in I watched him walk through the doors with these other Christian kids and my heart was blessed. I cried and cried....all the way home. I had to stop at my Mother-in-law's who lives near the highschool to just gather myself. LOL She thought something was wrong but just laughed at me when she found out why I was crying. LOL Anyway, God knows our hearts. And that was a reassurance to me that everything was going to be OK, these next few days.

We went into a two day revival meeting with Brother Joe Arthur tonight. If you've never heard him, you've missed it!! He's such a great preacher. We always enjoy hearing Brother Arthur. He has recently had surgery and had a great deal of his colon removed. He's still under doctor's orders so he couldn't stay all week with us.

This is Hannah getting her Bible signed.

His message tonight was on going back home. He took his text from Ruth where Naomi was going to send her daughter-in-law's back to their people and to their gods. One chose to go back and the other chose to go with Naomi back to Bethlehem. It was such a touching sermon. If it didn't touch the heart personally, it touched your heart and burdened you for someone who needs to get back into the presence of God.

Something he mentioned was that Naomi means beautiful and she wanted everyone to call her Mara, which we all know means bitter. But something I've never paid attention to is that noone ever did call her Mara. One of his points he was drawing from this is that it doesn't matter how we feel about ourselves when sin creeps in our lives, we are still beautiful to God and can come home to His welcoming embrace. It was such a sweet sermon.

We're all looking forward to tomorrow night.

Labels: , ,