Thimble Thoughts: My Night Life

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My Night Life

Yesterday was a ho hum day but my night life was hoppin'!

Bruce left for work before 10:00. Just after 10:00 the kids were in bed and I was searching high and low for my massager. I had a terrible migraine Sunday and it caused a huge knot to pop up in my neck. At least I THINK that's what happened. Anyway, I searched and searched to no avail and decided to take some pain reliever and go to bed.

I laid there and finally went to sleep around 12:00 only to be awakened by my son at 1:00 seeking pharmaceuticals for his throat and congestion.

I dozed back off to sleep after Justin went back to bed only to be awakened again at 2:30. This time, by the sound of someone running down the hall. Now, that can be troubling to me since my husband works third. I jumped up and who should it be? Harrison! He was sleep walking, or in this instance, sleep running. He just stood in the middle of the living room looking at me, only he wasn't really looking at me. "Harrison, what are you doing?" No reply. Just stares. So I guided him back to his bed and crawled back into mine. I listened to see if he would try it again, but thankfully, he did not. So I closed my little eyes and drifted back to sleep.

Only to be awakened again....yes again....at 3:15, by my daughter calling out for me. I jumped up and ran to her. She was burning up with fever. So I gave her some Tylenol and something to drink. She had the chills too and was complaining about her throat....just like Justin. Poor babies.

Again, I got my child settled and nestled down on my feather pillows, under my warm comforter, and drifted back into the land of dreams.

I was asleep about an hour and a half when I heard yet another one of my family members up in the house. It was my dear hubby. He had gotten off work an hour early. After that, we all slept until after 11:00. YES! I know. I did get up to let Tipsy out, but went to back to bed shortly thereafter.

Bruce is off until Sunday and is using his time today to work in his woodshop. I'm not telling what he's making, but I will say I'm very happy.

Labels: , , ,