Thimble Thoughts: Visiting with Paw Paw

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Visiting with Paw Paw

Bruce and I picked the car up yesterday morning from the mechanic. It was nice to have my little ride back! We parked it at mom's house before going to see daddy at the hospital.
I took a picture of mom, but it was less than flattering, so I took pity on her and decided not to post it.
The kids were tired, grabbing a nap at every chance they could.
(sleeping in the hospital chair)

They brought daddy lunch while we were there. It looked....hmm....well, like hospital food. When they brought it in, he asked them what it was. They told him BBQ. Now, 'round here in these parts, when someone says BBQ, you think juicy meat with a savory sauce, right? Yeah, not at the hospital. It was more like two four oz dried up tenderloin, with no sauce. Daddy said it was like eating the tongue of a boot. LOL Poor thing. He actually did eat quite good. I knew if we stayed while he ate that he would eat better than if we weren't there.

Daddy and me

Daddy, Justin, and Hannah

There is no change since the last update, sorry. We had a good visit, although it was difficult to leave him with tears welling up in his eyes.

We had dinner plans with Mr. and Mrs. Parris from church last night. We had a great time talking and laughing. Mrs. Parris will keep you laughing, I assure you! She tells some great stories. I'll post about that tomorrow. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday. I know we will. The youth will be testifying about their trip. So, I'm eager to hear what they have to say.

Labels: , , ,