Thimble Thoughts: He's Coming Home

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

He's Coming Home

Mom called this morning and said they will be releasing daddy to come home later this afternoon. I'll be meeting them at the house to help him in. Since I'm not sure if he'll be able to get up the front steps, we'll be sure to drive around to the back of the house. Much less effort there and I'm sure my brother, John, will be there too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thankful for Inhalers

Harrison has sports induced asthma. So of course he uses an inhaler for those times when he is wheezing and gasping for air.

Well, in The Original White House Cook Book, which is a book of recipes dating back to 1887, I found this relief for asthma which makes me thankful for inhalers:

Sufferers from asthma should get a muskrat skin and wear it over their lungs, with the fur side next to the body. It will bring certain relief.

If Harrison's inhaler ever stops working, I'll be sure to hunt down a muskrat.

Labels: , ,