Thimble Thoughts: Good Day!

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Good Day!

We've had a good day today. The kids were up and going at 6:30 this morning getting ready for school. They were so quiet. I listened to them shuffle through the hall, door to door, and they never said a word to each other that I know of. Usually there are giggles and playful antics going on, but not this morning. They seemed to be focussed on getting busy. Either that, or their bodies are still on holiday time, if you know what I mean.

I really love cooking lunch instead of supper and being able to sit together as a family to eat since Bruce is at work during supper hours. Today I fixed fajitas with sauteed peppers and onions, topped with grated cheese and sour cream. Harrison said he wanted those for his birthday lunch with his grandparents.......in APRIL! I think I have time to plan that, don't you?

We finished lunch in time for Bruce to stretch out on the couch for an hour before work. Justin is cleaning the kitchen, Hannah is working on her laundry, and Harrison is working off his lunch, boxing with his Wii. His little arms fly, but he only hits something about every few seconds. Which is kind of funny. He's tuckered out when he's finished.

I wanted to share my notes from Pastor's sermon Sunday night and I hope it's a blessing to you as it was to me. I lost a lot of time last year worrying about things God already knew about and had under control. Too many times last year I allowed the devil to steal my joy. However, I am thankful for 2007 because it was a time of spiritual growth for me. This sermon helped me so much and I'm anticipating a new year of trusting God more in 2008. We always have a slogan for the new year and this year's slogan is More blessings await in 2008. I'm looking for those blessings. How 'bout you?


Worry Is Sin
Psalm 127:2 "It is vain for you to rise up early, to sit up late, to eat the bread of sorrows; for so he giveth his beloved sleep."
Philippians 4:5-7 "Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. Be careful for nothing; but in everything by paryer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
Everything is so trivial to God. We literally worry ourselves sick. Here are five things that worry is.
*Worry is a harassing, a trouble, and a teasing to your spiritual condition and physical condition. We lose sleep, we can't eat, we become emotionally distressed. We develop ulcers, headaches, stiff muscles, and other physical conditions related to worrying when all we have to do is place the problem in God's hands.
Luke 21:26 "Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of Heaven shall be shaken."
*Worry accomplishes nothing. Why do anything if it doesn't do anything?
Matthew 6:25-26 "Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"
You don't see a bird having nervous breakdowns, do ya? How many mountains have you moved by worrying? How many souls have you led to Christ by worrying? How many deaths has your worrying stopped?
*Worry is the devil's wrench to turn your head away from Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."
Worry is the biproduct of selfishness, thinking of ourselves and how we can't handle the situation when it's not up to us to handle it. It's up to God!
*Worry is 90% of what we worry about never happening. One day at a time is how we need to make it. Sometimes a minute at a time. Worrying will rob you of your joy!
*Worry is an insult to the Holy Ghost.
John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever."
Worry is when the Comforter comes by to take our burden and we say, "NO! I'm keeping it to myself." That is an insult to the Holy Spirit.
We are to please God in all things, 24/7, and we can not please Him by worrying.

Labels: , ,