Thimble Thoughts: Where'd My Moon Pie Go?

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Where'd My Moon Pie Go?

I mentioned how good SIGMA went the other night. We did have a great time. Clint gave the opening devotional. He was the first one saved on the Murfreesboro trip last year. I'll never forget his eyes that day and the urgency they held as he told Bruce he needed to get saved. It was so sweet. Clint isn't a boy of very many words, but when he does speak it's usually really funny. We love him and he did a fantastic job. He was saying it was only 40 seconds long, but he gave a great mini sermon and one I think needed to be shared. GREAT JOB, CLINT!


The kids lined up for a game of Fruit Basket Turnover.


Once the games were played and the kids broke up into prayer groups, Jonathan preached. He did a great job. He's always does a great job and you can tell that Crown College has seasoned him a bit while he's been there these last four years.

This is a video of the kids playing the fruit basket turnover game. Stay tuned for the end when Justin and John O' run to a chair and end up demolishing it. Just one of many SIGMA mishaps. HA!

Today has been a quiet day. I cooked lunch this afternoon. Cube steak, green beans, homemade mashed potatoes, and hand squashed biscuits. Bruce was beyond happy with this meal. While Hannah and I prepared lunch, Bruce was busy in his building constructing two shelving units for the kid's rooms. They turned out very nice, exactly what I had in mind. Hannah is very beside herself placing her books and other things on it. I'll be glad to see their stuff off the floor and dressers decluttered!

After our late lunch, Bruce went back out to work in the building and I went to my mother-in-law's to drop off a goose-neck lamp she needs for work and some of her dishes I had acquired over the holidays. She was supposed to work today so I knew I would miss seeing her there. However, she only worked until lunch time and came home. So I stayed and visited for a while with her. The strangest thing happened when I left. As I was leaving she gave me a moon pie, I kissed her cheek, and out the door I went. I drove home thinking about my moon pie and how good it was going to be warmed in the microwave, washed down with a glass of milk. But when I got home, the moon pie was gone. Absolutely gone. Things just keep disappearing on me this weekend. Anyway, I searched the car, my pocketbook, my coat....no moon pie! So I called my mother-in-law and she looked around for it. Even counted the box to see if I had inadvertently put it back. But nope, it wasn't there either. I have no idea where my moon pie went.

WHERE'D MY MOON PIE GO?

Labels: ,