Thimble Thoughts: Gettin' Back To Normal

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Gettin' Back To Normal

For the last two days I've been cleaning, taking down decorations, cleaning out dresser drawers, taking things from the attic and making trips to Goodwill, trying to get things ready to start back to school on Monday. Everything is clean and dust free and looks lovely. New candles permeate the air with warm apple pie and french toast scents and I'm feeling very relaxed.

Come Monday, we'll be pouring over books fervently until spring break getting ready for end of grade testing. I'm actually looking forward to getting back into a regular routine. I was telling my mom today that it's really difficult getting back to normal after the holiday. Am I the only one that feels that way?

Last night in SIGMA, John O' was there with us. So were Jonathan and Jennifer, and Nathan. All of which are in college or getting ready to go in a few weeks. It was nice having them there with us. Jonathan preached to the youth group last night and will be graduating from Crown College in just a few months and Jennifer will be finishing up nursing school, all the while getting their plans together to tie the knot this fall. YAY! Then there's John, who will be finishing up his first year at Golden State Baptist College in California. I can't believe he's almost through with his first year. He probably doesn't feel that way. HA! And then, of course, there's Nathan. Nathan is making plans to attend Crown College soon. We love these kids and miss them in the youth group, but are pleased to know they are each following the Lord's will for their lives.

The battery on my computer is running low so I'm getting off now. Have a great night!