Thimble Thoughts: Moon Pie Mystery

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Moon Pie Mystery

Just so you'll know...I found my moon pie. Well, Bruce found my moon pie. I didn't want y'all worrying about that all day and having it mess up your Sunday so I thought I'd put your mind to rest and let you know the moon pie is no longer lost.

Apparently, when I got in my car leaving my mother-in-law's home, I flung it across the car and it ended up on the panel between the seat and the door. I didn't bother looking over there because I don't remember throwing it. That's the only way it could have gotten there...I think. I drove to church this morning so when Bruce opened his door to get in, there it was. YAY, Bruce!

And you know how you can eat breakfast on Sunday morning, but come about ten to fifteen minutes before service is over your stomach starts gnawing on your ribs and you're tempted to pop into the nursery for animal cookies or gold fish, but you can't because you have no reason for actually being in the nursery except to steal cookies or gold fish? Well, fortunately for me today, I'm nursery mother this month. When I left service to make sure everything was in order before mommies picked up their babies, I reached my hand into the jar for some gold fish and popped a few in my mouth, only to look down to see five pairs of eyes looking back up at me. Some with outstretched hands and little voices saying, "Fis...pees" Aww, sweet little younguns. The joy of church for them is gold fish.

Labels: