Thimble Thoughts: Rain, Rain, Go Away....

Monday, December 31, 2007

Rain, Rain, Go Away....

...NO! It's rained pretty much all day today and I'm glad. We've been in desperate need of rain. If it rained like that all week it would be fine with me. However, Bruce said it would be in the 60's and sunny tomorrow.

We had some great services today. Brother Danny Whetstone preached our morning service. He is the President of World Wide New Testament Baptist Missions. He took us from creation to the cross in his sermon. It was so good. My husband and I were talking tonight how neither of us saw him use any notes and how he quoted scripture. It was really something.

I had nursery tonight in the baby nursery. There were only three babies in there so it was pretty calm. Cassie and Tammy were in there with me. Cassie stayed with me while Tammy went out to sing with the Ladies Trio and then she stayed with Tammy while I went out and sang with the bluegrass group. Which was really funny. The first song we sang was So Much To Thank Him For. After a few other songs Pastor asked us to sing So Much To Thank Him For. We told him we just sang it! He said, "I bet I'd enjoy the services here if I'd come more often." HA!

Some of the guys are going to Joel's early in the morning to help put up a new garage. The gals will come a little later to do some scrapbooking while all the kiddies play. But then a bunch more will come later so we can bring in the new year together. Of course there will be pictures to come. I plan on going early, but not before I bleach my shower doors and do a load or two or three of laundry.

So what are your plans for bringing in 2008?

Labels: