Thimble Thoughts: I Must Confess

Sunday, June 01, 2008

I Must Confess

Blogging is the last thing on my mind tonight. LOL

We went to the Patch Quiz Bowl Saturday evening and I have pictures to share, but to be quite honest, I just don't feel like taking the time to download them and blog them at this point. For all of you parents wanting to see a picture of you being stomped by your child, you'll just have to wait another day. Sorry. Maybe I'll feel like it tomorrow.

Do you fellow bloggers ever feel like you're in a blogging rut and don't feel like messin' with it? That's how I'm feeling right now. I don't mind typing my thoughts, really, but I don't feel like messin' with the camera and putting my pictures in the correct files and waiting patiently for the pictures to upload to blogger. Does that make me a bad blogger? I don't reckon. Although I wouldn't be typing this post at all if it weren't for the fact that I'm waiting for my iPod to finish charging.

I'm just tarred. That's southern for tired, in case you yanks were wonderin'.

I had the honor of seeing a fan of my blog today. Momma Trenton was in town to see her lovely daughter, Mrs. Kim O' and grandson, John. I was walking down the hall of the church and heard someone say, "There's my favorite blogger!" I turned to see Mrs. Momma Trenton. That brought a smile to my face. It was good to see her and she's such a beautiful lady. Thank you for the kind words, Momma Trenton. They were encouraging and it was a blessing to have you in our services today!

We had really good services today. I was so happy to see a young lady that I've prayed many prayers for in the past, sitting in a pew when I came down from Sunday school this morning. She's my neighbor's daughter. A few years ago when she was just 17, her mother passed away from cancer. Growing up in an atheistic home, I know she had no peace to claim. And when our choir started singing This Is Just What Heaven Means To Me, I broke out in tears at the thought of her possibly never knowing what Heaven could mean to her. She's moved from our neighborhood now, and seeing her today gave me a new burden for her. She certainly heard the gospel this morning, that's for sure and for certain. Pray for her. Her name is Callie.

Our Sunday school class had an afterglow after church tonight. It was sort of last minute so not very many of us showed up. Basically we showed up, ate, and went home.

Justin went home with his friend, Gary, today and Hannah went home with her grandparents. Harrison was content to stay with Bruce and me. We brought home Japanese take out and chicken nuggets after church. Then we hit the sack. I slept like a log too. It was actually the best nap I've had in a while. Ain't it great to take a good nap? Especially on a Sunday?

And these are my random thoughts. Aren't you glad you stopped by?

Labels: