Thimble Thoughts: Flashbacks

Friday, June 13, 2008

Flashbacks

When I was a little girl we had one of these trees in our front yard. I thought it was a wonderful tree because it was so easy to climb. The leaves, especially, were fun to play with. I used to pinch the leaves between my thumb and index finger and run them along the stem as the small pieces would fall into my lap. Then I would put them in a little wooden bowl, crumple the pink flowers on top and pretend it was a salad. Mud pies weren't all that appealing to me, but tree salads were great. Everytime I see one of these trees, I have that memory pop into my head.
I've had a migraine today. It's been pretty bad. I felt it coming on yesterday but hoped it would go away. When Bruce got up this afternoon he took my car to have new tires put on it. He knew my head was hurting so he came home with a bottle of the one pill that works GREAT on my headaches. I've been out of them for a few weeks. They've helped a little. I think I waited too long before taking one though. Anyway, he also brought home supper. That was a nice surprise. I had already started on tonight's supper, but wasn't too far along to put it all up for tomorrow. Thank you, Sweetheart.
I took Hannah to her piano lesson. When we came home my legs felt like there were weights tied to them and I was feeling dizzy. So I laid down just shortly after 7:00 for just a few minutes. Before I knew it, it was 10:00 and Bruce was waking me up to tell me he was on his way to work. I'm feeling a little sick on my stomach, but my head is feeling a somewhat better. I'm going to take one more pill before I go to bed and Lord willing I'll be wonderful come morning. I hope so!

Labels: