Thimble Thoughts: *Sigh*

Friday, June 06, 2008

*Sigh*

Today I went back to the doctor to have my nose burned again. This time she fired it up. I look a little like a distant cousin of Rudolph, if you know what I mean. I can tell it's going to blister up pretty good. She started out with a regular size swab and then said, "You know what? I'm not getting good ground with this one. Let's break out the Texas Swab. "Texas swab!" I shouted. "Everything is bigger in Texas. Is this what you mean?" "Yep," she answered. She pulled out a swab as round as my pinky. She opened up the canister, dipped the swab, and said, "Here we go!" It burned so bad my eyes started watering. She began to giggle and said I had cotton fibers stuck to my nose. Thankfully it was all over. Haa! "Let's do it one more time," she suggested. She ended up burning it three times again. Twice with the Texas swab. I go again in two weeks. yippee

As far as the place under my arm, I'm still having pain and it didn't look as good as she had hoped. But there was no infection and she said I'm keeping it too moist with the Neosporin and not to use it for a couple of days. My first thought was that my Neosporin had pain reliever in it. I guess I'll just grin and bare it.

I cleaned my parent's home after my appointment. Two weeks in a row, one of them, daddy has spilled fruit juice in the very bottom of the fridge. Last week it was strawberry juice and this week it was mixed fruit. Have you ever tried to clean up fruit juice that has settled in the bottom of the fridge. EWW! But the good news is, daddy made a trip to Mac's Country Store and brought me back an RC cola and chocolate moon pie. Good snack, daddy!

Pam had an end of school party for her children today and invited several moms and their kids over to swim. Since I had my doctor's appointment and cleaned house afterwards, the kids spent the night at her house and were able to join in on the fun today. When I picked them up, Harrison's face was very sunburned and he was very sleepy. He fell asleep on the car ride home and went straight to bed when we got home. He was still sleeping when Bruce and I left for our Friday date.

Oh yeah, Bruce was on third this week, so while I did all my stuff today he was sleeping and we made our lunch date a supper date. Pizza Hut's Super Supreme stuffed crust was on the menu
since he let me choose. It's so hot we decided to try a brand new ice cream parlor here in our little town. It's called I Scream. The parlor is located in one of the vintage stores up town with a tall wooden door and high ceilings. There were a few pictures of the family that own the store along with dozens of pictures of different sports shots. I liked how the old floors creaked when we walked in. We had a banana split. It was so delicious. Instead of the regular chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream, we each chose three different scoops. Mine consisted of cookies and cream, chocolate, and playdough. Yep, playdough. It was playdough yellow and had little bits of red and blue in it. Truthfully it was just colorful cookie dough ice cream. But it was pretty and I had to try it.

On our way home we got stuck behind, none other than an ice cream truck, that we followed all the way home to our dead end street. So Bruce stopped the truck while I called Hannah and Harrison out. Hannah came out but Harrison did not. He was still sleeping. However, when I called his name and told him daddy was buying ice cream from the ice cream truck, that seemed to wake him up pretty quick. They both chose their cold, creamy delight and enjoyed every single bite.

I was going to wash my car when we got home but started blogging and now it's almost dark. Oh well, there's always tomorrow, right?

Labels: