Thimble Thoughts: Graduation Night

Monday, June 09, 2008

Graduation Night

We had a service last night in honor of our graduates. Of course, we don't let "special" services like that interfere with meetin'. Normally I would be in the choir, but for some reason thought the graduates would be honored before the choir sang. So I stayed in the congregation to take pictures for a couple of moms who did not have their camera. I quickly learned that I was mistaken. The choir did sing first. This is Brother Johnny singing I'm Not Ashamed. I'm pretty sure Mrs. Liz saw me taking the picture. I meant to ask her, but forgot. So, Liz, did you see that?


When the choir came down the youth choir sang and THEN it was time to honor the graduates.
First were the kindergarten graduates. Each of them are awarded a KJV Bible, signed by Pastor. This is Brooke.


Pretty Gracie


And handsome Kayson!


There were four high school graduates honored, receiving a beautiful Scofield Bible from Pastor, but my batteries went dead. I was so upset! Mark, John, and Ethan are in our SIGMA program and we love them so much. We're praying they seek the Lord's will for their lives. The fourth graduate was Christopher. Christopher is a special young man in our church. When he was born, they said he would never live past the age of nine. And now he's a high school graduate. He does have a learning disability. Every once in a while when Pastor is preaching, we'll hear him shout, "Pweach!" When it was his turn to say something, he smiled that big smile of his, leaned into the mic and yelled, "Pweach!" I don't know about everybody else, but that tore me up! It tore Pastor up too.

Then it was time for the college graduates. There were two of them. Jonathan, our Associate Pastor's son, just graduated from Crown College in Tennessee. We are VERY proud of Jonathan. I decided to try my camera again and it was when I took this shot of Jonathan that my camera finally killed over.

The second college graduate was Jennifer. She and Jonathan are getting married this fall. She has worked very hard, putting four years of nursing school into two so they could get married. I believe they are going to do things for God in a great way together.


Graduation is not the end of a path ,
but a stepping stone to the next level. Make each step count for
God.

Labels: