Thimble Thoughts: God Knows

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

God Knows



My brother, John, lives 10 to 15 minutes from me and I haven't seen him in over two months, I'm sure. I've missed him. I remarked to my dad this past Friday how I've missed John. As I was riding alone in the car after dropping Justin off at work Monday, I thought about how funny he is and what a sweet brother he is. I thought about how, even though we disagree from time to time, he can make me seriously crack up. By the way, I can't remember the last time we disagreed, except for the ongoing disagreement of which one of us are our parent's favorite. I thought about how he hasn't allowed his battle with MS deter him from being faithful to his job and to his family. How he would literally empty his wallet if he knew someone was in need.

So this morning while waiting for Celine and Carissa to get here (they never made it) I was pleasantly surprised to see Hannah come down the hall to say, "Uncle John's here!" Of course, Harrison started smiling too. They love their Uncle John.

He walked through my door this morning and it was good to hug his neck. Well, he hugged my neck. I lingered in his armpit. He's about a foot taller than me.

He was hungry so I offered him a banana, which only made his tummy juices begin to flow. I ended up making him a ham, egg, and cheese on toasted English muffin with a glass of cold milk to wash it down. He told some funny stories. Made some funny jokes. And then it was time for him to leave for work. He was already late, but I was glad for the time we had to visit.


His purpose of dropping by was to hand deliver Jessica's (my niece) high school graduation invitation. Her graduation is tonight. Nothing like advance notice, huh? LOL

I'll be missing it though. I thought I might make it, but Bruce and Justin are working on my car right now, replacing the bearings. I don't think they'll be finished in time. But you never know!

I'm just thankful for the time God allowed me to spend with my brother this morning. He knew I needed that.

Labels: