Thimble Thoughts: I've Been Tagged!

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

MOOBEAR from Claudia's Place has tagged me for "Eight things about me" Meme. So let's see what interesting facts I can come up with.

1. I was bitten by a timber rattler on the left foot when I was 15 years old. It was MONTHS before I was back to normal from the horse syrum they had to give me. At the time we didn't know what kind of snake it was so they had to act fast and give me what they would give horses. For months after that, I craved oats and sugar cubes. HA, just kidding about that part. But the rest of it is true.

2. One year later, almost to the date, I was horseback riding, was thrown from the horse, shattering the right tibia of my leg and breaking the ankle in two. I pulled well over 90% of the ligaments in that leg which hurt much more than the breaks. I still have plates and screws today.

3. I was married to Bruce when I was nineteen years old and we made our very first home in a small appartment on Gabelsbergerstrasse in Frankfurt, Germany where I was the young, proud wife of one of the Air Force's finest airman.

4. My first solo in church was at the Faith Baptist Church of Simpsonville, SC when I was five years old. I sang "We Three Kings" in the Christmas pagaent. It was a surprise for my parents. Although Bruce and I lived here in NC, an hour and a half away, Pastor Euete (the pastor of said church) wasn't going to miss the opportunity of performing our wedding ceremony for his "favorite orange-headed child."

5. I defaced a rock at Lake Erie with the words, "Kristi -n- Bruce 1989" painted in black after my dad told me I couldn't, while vacationing in Ohio. When he and my mom went out to eat with some old friends of theirs, my Great Aunt Mavis (daddy's Aunt) took me to Kmart and bought the crime supplies. Then drove me to Lake Erie where the crime was committed. I told daddy about it and he was furious. So furious that he scolded me in front of everyone then drove out to the lake with his video camera and filmed it after taking several snapshots of it. I have an 8X10 of it somewhere around here.

6. I stood outside in a group of army/air force men and women in the courtyard of a Rhein Main Air Base Hotel in nothing but a very short, very thin night gown, holding my little baby in the middle of the night because someone pulled the fire alarm for a prank and I panicked. All I could think about was getting my baby out of a burning hotel. Apparently it happened often and everyone knew it but me because they were all dressed and even took time to tie their shoes. An army fellow was gentlemanly enough to remove his Army coat to let me cover up with it. What humiliation!!

7. I have this thing about watches. I love them. I've been like that for years. But when I first got into buying them, it was the Swatch Watches that attracted me. I bought a Swatch Watch every payday for a long time. Bruce thought I was nuts. They were all different colors, sizes, and shapes. A couple of them were just weird. Do you remember the Swatch Watches of the early 90's? Weren't they so cool??? I think I still have couple of them in the attic.

8. I used to pluck hairs from my daddy's eyebrows while he was sleeping. Not to be mean, but he thought it was funny to let these two wild hairs grow long, so I'd wait til he was asleep on the couch and I'd pluck 'em. He didn't think THAT was funny. As a matter of fact, he'd wake up screaming at me.

RULES BEFORE DOING THE ME ME ME
01. Post rules before giving the facts OOPS....MISSED THAT ONE!
02. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves
03. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
04. At the end of the your blog you need to tag eight people and list their names. Leave them a comment on their blog, telling them they have been tagged and not to forget to read your blog.

I've decided to only tag six people. But if you would like to do this meme, please do it. Let me know if you do so I can read it. I look forward to it!!

My Tags are:
Nanny, from Maw Maw's House
Hannah, from Sugar & Spice
Justin, from A View of My World
Angela, from A-Team's Adventures
Taylor, from Taylor's Blog
Cassie, from Cassie's Corner

Labels: ,