Thimble Thoughts: VBS 2007, Tuesday Night

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

VBS 2007, Tuesday Night

Here are two of our flag and Bible bearers. The little boy holding the Bible is one of our favorites at church. He's the foster child of our good friends, Mike and Susan. If you'll recall, it was the Christmas season that Mike and Bruce had to wear those tiaras for their birthday roastings. Hehehehe. For pictures of that, see the December 2006 archives. :) So Jarrett is one of the most loving kids I've ever met. His hugs are so special and when he likes you, he lets you know it. I could just hug him all day. His little hands are soft too. What a sweetheart he is!!

The other little boy is another favorite of ours at church. Benjamin. What a riot this kid is. His understanding and knowledge of the Bible is probably more than the average adult. I got tickled last night because we studied the first gift God gave us was His Son, Jesus. I told the class of FIVE YEAR OLDS, "...and boys and girls, do you know what God's greatest gift to us is? He sent His only Son to die for us!"
Benjamin raised his hand and said, "Mrs. Kristi, that's not right."
"What do you mean, Benjamin?"
"Well, God has all kinds of sons, but He only has one BEGOTTEN Son."
I believe this is where the student becomes the master, aye? LOL


This was tonight's puppeteers. We rotate our youth for this or they fight over it. No, I'm kidding, but we do rotate them out. It's good there's so many of them that are willing to do it.


Pastor Goodman brought Bubba for the children to see. He always brings his dog up and walks him across the platform. The kids love it. Bubba is a favorite at VBS. Bubba likes to play outside with the giant basketballs and soccerballs too.


This is our class. Tonight we had 16 kindergarteners. We studied the second gift God has given to us is the Gift of Scripture. I was reading Psalm 119:105, "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." I quickly turned out the lights and told them how dark the world is when we don't have God's word in our hearts to guide us. But that when we have His word hidden in our hearts, it shines like a lamp to our feet. Then I turned on a flash light at my feet and was able to see where I was walking. It was really dark at first, until the light shone down. I didn't tell my helpers what I was doing, so they were surprised by the dark too. HA! Here the children are coloring pictures of the Bible.



Then it was popsicle time!!! WOOHOO! After popsicles the children were taken to the shelter there in the back and they did handprints in concrete with little jewels around them. They make such sweet stepping stones or garden ornaments. I'll make sure to post pictures of them later this week.


Last night the girls won the penny war, but we were outwitted by the boys tonight. Yes, they won. But that's OK....we still have three nights to go.


Last night we had 264 children and tonight there were 322. There were several saved tonight. That's what it's all about!

Labels: