Thimble Thoughts: What A Waste Of Make-Up!

Monday, July 23, 2007

What A Waste Of Make-Up!

I don't know why I bothered wearing make-up to church yesterday. It was such a waste. I had cried it all off before the offering was taken up.

As mom said on her blog, the service was amazing. It started Thursday night at camp when the kids had their own revival on the side of a mountain in the middle of a road after three of our teens were saved that night. They were burdened for their friends that did not make it to camp or hadn't been to church in a while. One boy in particular, which mom described to a tee, was Jacob King. What a great kid he is! A great kid on his way to Hell.....until Sunday morning that is. The continual prayer of his friends that night and the following days was that God would touch his heart and he would get saved. Jacob came forward Sunday morning and accepted Christ. Jacob plays in our church orchestra, sings in our youth choir, is active in our youth group. He'll do anything his Pastor or any other leader in our church asks him to do. But he was lost.

I often wonder how many grown-ups are sitting on the church pew thinking they're saved. The devil never bothers them about their salvation. He leaves them alone and they continue serving in their church, praying to a God they think will hear them, and carrying a joy inside of them that seems to be lacking something they just can't put their finger on.

I also wonder about the ones that come to church every service and sit there with their arms crossed in a way that's easy for them to glance at their watches when they feel it's almost lunch time. Put these same people on the bleachers at a football game and good luck keeping them in their seats. Hasn't God done anything for them to keep them excited over? Why do they even come if they don't want to be there? Is it to keep up the appearance? Appearance won't take us to Heaven. It may fool the congregation but you ain't pullin' nothin' over on God! Bad English, I know....but down south here, it's the truth! Here are the words to the second verse and chorus of a song I wrote a while back that reminds me of what is going on in our churches today....

We went to church together
You taught in Sunday school
You sang up in the choir
Went on visitation too
But when you stood before the Lord
He said, "I knew you not, depart"
You gave Him all the time you had,
But you never gave your heart



Will I find you in Heaven
Or will I miss you there?
I want to spend eternity with you
all of Heaven's glory share
I want us to stand together
As the Holy Bride of Christ
Will I find you in Heaven
Or will I miss you there?

So we had four or five people saved yesterday morning and several making assurance of their salvation. The visiting preacher, Brother Hodges, never did get to preach the morning service, but that's all right. The service was hot and God's work was being done. Brother Hodges was in no hurry to disrupt what was happening with a ten foot pole. Of course, although there was no FORMAL preaching there, we did have a good bit of preaching from people testifying. It was one of those services when I came home with what we call a "Holy Headache."

There are other teenagers that our youth group is praying over and I'm excited to see what will happen in the weeks to come. I pray they do not lose their vision, not just for the ones they know personally, but for the souls they haven't even met yet. They had a vision Thursday that became fruit on Sunday. I pray they all bear much fruit.

"Where there is no
vision,
the people perish."
Proverbs
29:18

Click here to see our Youth Choir sing "The Value Of One."

Labels: