Thimble Thoughts: Getting Back To Normal Routine

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Getting Back To Normal Routine

This is the last day of my medication. I am so glad. Actually, this morning I took the last of the pills that make me loopy and tired. I'll take my last dose of antibiotic tonight. I really don't like feeling exhausted and loopy all the time.

Bruce is pulling overtime this week so I'm not seeing much of him. He's just a regular Baldorella. For those of you who don't get that.....He works for Baldor.....instead of Cinderella....he's Baldorella. Get it? Never mind. I told you I was loopy.

Daddy just picked up the little ones for a gas run. He picks one of my kids up every Thursday and drives down to a South Carolina gas station for gas, oatmeal cakes, and usually a coke slushie. Since Justin is at camp, he decided to take both Hannah and Harrison. They don't even say goodbye. They hear the beep from Paw Paw's truck and hit the door. Oh sure, they wave a hand of goodbye over their shoulder, but you'd think an I love you mom....see ya later would be in the mix somewhere. It's really difficult for a parent to compete with a grandparent. Let's not even get started on THAT subject!!

Justin will be home tomorrow. I haven't heard from him so I'm assuming everything is all right. I do pray he'll hear something in the preaching that will speak to his heart.
My bread machine is working away on a 2 lb. loaf, there's a chicken in the crock pot, potatoes are ready to be peeled for mashed taters, and my blue lake beans are simmering on the stove with a tablespoon of bacon greese I used for seasoning. Who puts bacon greese in their green beans. Come on...it's a southern thing. Bacon greese seasons everything. A true southern cook will have a little cup or some container which holds the drippings from everytime they cook bacon. My container is one of those ceramic coffee mugs that has a matching ceramic lid.

I'm going to try a new recip this week that I found in my Taste of Home Quick Cooking Cook Book from 2003. Which happens to be my favorite cook book, by the way. Click HERE to see that recipe for Smothered Chicken. If you like mushrooms, cheese, and bacon, this is the chicken for you!

Now I must go and do some things around the house that have been neglected or at least needs a mother's touch. Have a great evening!

Labels: ,