Thimble Thoughts: VBS 2007, Wednesday Night

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

VBS 2007, Wednesday Night

I spent thirty minutes trying to log on tonight but blogger wouldn't let me. It kept saying that my username and password were incorrect. Incorrect? I KNOW MY PASSWORD!!! Just as I was about to give up, I realized my keyboard was set on Caps. So now I'm signed in and I can post. YAY~Let me also add that there's a lot going on here at Thimble Thoughts, and I wanted to make sure you all knew to say hi to Cassie from Cassie's Corner. You can read what I wrote about her a couple posts under this one. Thanks.

The little boy holding the Christian flag is Carl. He's my nephew. He's a smart and wonderful little boy. We love Carl a whole lot.

Our lesson tonight was the third gift God has given to us and that is the sanctuary of the church. Our text was Matthew 16: 17-19 "....and upon this rock I will build my church;....." I told the children that our church must be built on the rock, the Lord Jesus Christ, and that if we didn't build our church on Him, that we would fail in our ministries. So I had a big rock that I let them hold and pass around, which represented Christ. I took the rock and told them that when the storms of life rain on our church, if Christ is the rock, the church will stand firm. So I took water and poured it all over the rock and of course the rock got wet, but that's all the water could do to it. Then I pulled out my bag of sand and poured it next to the rock. I told the children that if Christ wasn't the rock of our church it's like building our church on sand and when the waters come, our church will fall apart. Of course, I poured the water on the sand and it washed away. There was more to the lesson, but that was the illustration I used tonight.


Here's a picture of Brother Johnny holding a church house. Just so you'll know...we were teaching about how church befefits us as Christians. The children do know that the church building is not the body of Christ.


This is Destiny. She's in my class at Super Church. She's so sweet.


This is Naomi, our Sunday school teacher's daughter. Isn't she cute?


One of my favorite kiddos sitting down to eat his cupcake that was slathered with red butter cream icing. Don't you just love his smile?
Here's Nanny enjoying her cupcake too. I can't believe how much icing were on these cupcakes. But I sure didn't hear the kids complaining. Nor did I hear mother comlaining.
I don't know who this little boy is, but I loved the fact that his little mouth was covered in red icing. There was green icing too. Red and green teeth are not attractive at all, by the way. I know...I had a green one and my friends were telling me it wasn't pretty.
Time for the penny war. The children rise and watch with anticipation to see who will win tonight. Will it be the boys????
NO!!!!!! THE GIRLS WON AGAIN! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!


We had 390 in attendance tonight. What a blessing. Several were saved including my little nephew who shared his experience with me on the way home tonight. We had the sweetest conversation about him getting saved and what it meant.


That's what it's all about.

Labels: ,