Thimble Thoughts: Shopping for Grocery Stores

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Shopping for Grocery Stores

I said I would take pictures of SIGMA Wednesday night, but I just didn't have enough time to do it. Everything was so fast paced during that time that I didn't know whether to scratch my watch or wind my head. (Yes, I meant to say that wrong!) Between devotions, saying verses, preaching, and then trying to keep individual scores for 20 kids, I have a hard time trying to take pictures. LOL But oh well. I'll try again another time.

I told my brother John to pick a place for lunch and I would meet him there to thank him for all the help he's given so far with our math. He chose Love's Fish Box and it was so very good. We were sitting there eating and telling stories and laughing at everything and guess who was at the table right next to us but my Mother-in-law and her friend from church! That was funny. John and I had a great time at lunch and maybe we can do that again soon.

When I got home the kids and I took off to a few places to shop for groceries, but we didn't buy anything. I was just checking out some different store and comparing prices and that sort of thing. We had a good time just visiting different stores we've never been in.

We came home, picked up Bruce, and headed out to a little store called the King James Bible Baptist Book and Discount Grocery Store. LOL Funny, huh? But they have great deals. Like the very large box of Cheerios for one dollar. That's my kind of deal! The items are all in date, but they've come off of trucks that have been in wrecks or stores that have closed and things like that. So everything is good. I bought several bags of groceries today for only $19. Not bad, huh? I'll finish buying a few little things tomorrow.

We were going to cut Marie's grass this evening but she said not to worry about it since the grass had not grown that much so we ended up going out to eat at Pizza Hut.

When we came home, some friends of ours brought over their guinea pig and fish for us to watch while they go out of town. Hannah is very excited about pet sittin' and the poor little guinea pig hasn't had any rest since it's owners left. LOL He'll be spoiled rotten when they get home.