Thimble Thoughts: Good Lunch, Good Fellowship

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Good Lunch, Good Fellowship

Satuarday, the kids and I were on our way home from bus ministry and decided we would stop in and visit a lady who is very dear to my heart, Mrs. Diane M. She is the mother of one my dearest buddies from school. She and her husband were not home but we did leave a note that we had been there and were sorry we missed them. But the Lord let us meet up with her today while we were out.

Justin wanted to take us out for lunch at Papa's Pizza and we had just sat down to eat when I saw Mrs. Diane come through the door with a friend of hers. I was very excited to see her. I tried to get the kids to pull a prank on her because I knew it had been so long since she had seen them that they could do a prank and get away with it, but they are not like their mother in that aspect and were too shy to do it.

She was surprised to see how the children had grown and she and her friend sat at the table next to ours as we enjoyed our lunch and fellowship. It was so nice to see her. God knew that I had been wanting to see her and blessed me with that visit. I enjoyed catching up on her family and seeing her sweet smile.

Mrs. Diane and her husband Big Dennis are on my tep ten list of favorite people.

After our lunch, the kids and I went to Ingles to buy a dessert for SIGMA tonight. We're having something. I can't remember what it is. Sis Liz told me about it Sunday night at church but I can't remember exactly what she said but I do recall her asking me to bring a dessert. So I bought a chocolate cream pie and one of those big cocolate chip cookies decorated with icing. I'll be taking pictures and Lord willing, will post them tomorrow.

Hope y'all have a great day. I have.

Labels: