Thimble Thoughts: HERE I AM~~

Monday, October 09, 2006

HERE I AM~~

Bless commented on wondering where I had been. I know it's been three days since my last posting. Can you believe that? I've had a busy weekend.

You all know what happened with me Friday. If you don't, just read the post under this one.

Wednesday night I had come home from church and written a puppet skit for Super Bus Church for Saturday and when I went to save it, I accidentally clicked "no" instead of "yes" to save it and lost it. I was so upset, but not too terribly angry with myself since I had the idea of it in my head. Anyway, I didn't get around to retyping it until Friday. So the children practiced Friday night and Saturday morning before Bus Ministry service. They did a good job. I'm really proud of them.

Saturday was bus ministry and then I came home to cook supper, wash some work clothes for Bruce, help the older two get ready for the rest home ministry (Harrison was with daddy and would be going with them too) pick up Justin's new suit pants that my Mother-in-law had hemmed for him and go over a song that Brother Johnny wanted me to learn to sing with our choir. My Saturday was quite full.

The children came home from rest home ministry and they were talking about their night. Justin had more color in his cheeks than when he left. He was asked to lead the service that night and had worried himself and me sick for three days prior. LOL But from what I heard, he did a great job. Hannah goes room to room by herself now to invite the elderly residents to the service. This was Harrison's fourth time going and she took him with her. I think he also passed out the hymn books. So he had his little jobs that he did and I'm thankful they had the opportunity, to not only serve the Lord in this ministry, but also serve with their Grandpa while he preached. That's a blessing to me and it will be a wonderful memory for them.

Sunday was a typical Sunday. You know....rush to get everyone out the door, stop for breath mints, get everyone to their Sunday school classes, get in the ladie's prayer room, get back upstairs for your own Sunday school class, rush down to get your seat for preaching and get up in the choir. Forget about all the running you've done and sing your little heart out. That's my usual Sunday morning in a nutshell. LOL

After the morning preaching service was over, Justin went with his friend, Clayton, and Harrison went back home with my parents. So it was just Hannah and me. We had to pick up a baby shower gift for that afternoon and when we got home, we fixed some frozen dinners and had a little bit of girly time together. That was nice.

My mother was stung by a honey bee Saturday evening on the ball of her foot. Her foot swelled, went numb, and her toes were turning blue. She couldn't walk on it Sunday so she ended up missing services. But while Hannah and I were shopping for a baby shower gift, Hannah found a pair of pink and white striped socks with bees all over them and bought them for mom. When we came home, she made her grandma a card with a pocket on the inside. The card said, (outside) It's buzzing around you were stung by a bee, (inside) so here's a get well gift to you from me. And then of course, the socks were in the pocket. She gave the card to her grandpa and he took it to mom. She was thrilled and thought it was so sweet of Hannah.

We were back at the church at 4:00 for the baby shower that welcomed little C.H. What a cutie! We bought the baby a sweater, socks, teether, and ten bibs. The mother, Michelle, got some really nice things. I love baby showers.

Choir practice was at 5:00, church at 6:00, home at 8:45, supper, prayer with the kids, bed. This pretty much describes every weekend for us. So if I don't get around to posting on the weekends, you know why. :)

Today we were all up by 6:30 but this and that kept coming up and we didn't get our schoolwork started until after 9:30. That was a little upsetting for me, but we've finished, had a fine day, accomplished a lot, to which I am thankful, and now we are going to make a run to the dump and drop off a cake pan to my mother-in-law and then rush home to fix supper. With that said, I am going to close this post and I'll "see ya" tomorrow.

Labels: