Thimble Thoughts: ...And In That Yard He Had A Horse, E,I,E,I O........

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

...And In That Yard He Had A Horse, E,I,E,I O........

We had an interesting thing happen today. I was sitting at the table having school with my children when something caught my eye at the door. I looked up and there was a brown horse just standing in my front yard. Then a white one came from behind him. We all jumped up and ran to the front door where we saw another brown one. Three horses were in our yard. Where did they come from? I have no idea. They were so pretty though. I rushed to grab my camera, but our sudden movements scared them and I had to follow them to the back yard where they raced into the woods. I snapped two pictures of them, but neither of them turned out good enough to share with you. We did see their owner out trying to round them up. So I'm sure by now they are back in their barn or pasture eating their hay and thinking what a nice little excursion they had today.

This is not the first time I have seen a farm animal in my yard. When Justin was about two years old, I got up one morning and opened the door. There, at the base of my front porch steps, was a rather large brown cow. We stared at each other for a moment and I slowly closed the door and went to wake Justin up. I walked him to the living room and told him to open the door. When he did, he got all excited and with very wide eyes exclaimed, "Mommy! It's a horsey!!" I know. It was a cow. But don't forget, he was only two. I'm happy to say that he has learned the names of the animals since then.

Labels: