Thimble Thoughts: Racing To The Mailbox!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Racing To The Mailbox!

My dear blogging friend, Christina, commented on the last post about how she just couldn't believe I had picked up "yesterday's mail" and how her family sprints to the mailbox. Oh, Christina, if you only knew. My dear friends who actually know me, will verify this story......

Bruce and I always race to the mailbox. Well, we did until he started working third. Now I get it every single day. But anyway, one day he came home from the lumber store just after the mail had been delivered. Only he didn't know it had just been delivered. He got out of his truck and asked, "Did the mail come yet?" I was on the back deck and very cooly answered (lied) "Um, no, not yet. I guess she's running a little late." He saw me take off into the house to run out the front door and knew that I just tried to pull one over on him, but he was on a tight schedule with a project he was working on and had decided to just let me get it. But I didn't know that. I took off racing through the house, hit the front door, ran down the front steps and POP! I couldn't move. Something had happened to my leg. I was in very intense pain. Justin was standing at the door and came out, "Mom, are you OK?" I whispered to him that something was wrong and I couldn't move. He asked if I needed him to help me back into the house. "No, not yet. Just go get me the mail!" LOL Come to find out, I had torn the muscle in my leg and just less than one more inch, I would have been having surgery. I was on crutches for a while but it took several months to heal and still gives me a twinge every now and then.

So you see, Christina, we race to the mailbox too!! You're not the only loopy family in the world. LOL

Labels: