Thimble Thoughts: And I Thought I'd Never Use It!

Thursday, September 28, 2006

And I Thought I'd Never Use It!

Remember sitting in Algebra class thinking to yourself, I'm never gonna use this! What's the point? I remember thinking that. But now I know it was all for a good purpose and I should have studied harder when I had the chance. Now I'm a homeschool Mom and I'm having to learn it all over again. That was the purpose of me learning Algebra....to teach it. LOL

I decided that we had spent too much time in the house pouring over the Math so we would go outside and study. Finally! A breakthrough. I am so happy at what we learned today. I feel energized and ready to tackle tomorrow's Math.

Justin and I set up some chairs outside and took our books and paper and marker board with us. We had fun learning together today. It was so funny. Anyway, I'm praising the Lord that we figured it out. YAY~

While we were studying, we heard this loud plop on the ground. The cats were around so we thought at first it might be one of them. Turns out it was this huge caterpillar. All we can figure is that he fell from the tree above us onto the driveway. I have never seen one this big. Here's a picture of it. I'm going to try and research it later today, but if you know what it is and know anything about it, feel free to share your knowledge with us. Hannah said God sent that our way so we wouldn't have to work in our Science books today. Nice try, Hannah.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After we stopped to study this little guy and take pictures of him, we got back to hitting the Math and just a few minutes of that, we turned to look at him again and he was G-O-N-E! We figure he was making his way back to the tree he fell from. Poor guy.

We were wrapping things up with Math when Hannah brought Tipsy out for a break. She was happy to be with all of us outside and get some lovin!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I walked to the mailbox to retrieve yesterday's mail and noticed how pretty the panicles on the pompas grass were so I just had to take a picture of them too. Justin is hiding behind them. Can you see him?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Labels: