Thimble Thoughts: Another Fun Filled Weekend!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Another Fun Filled Weekend!

Saturday was my mother's birthday. I had to wake up the kids on my bus route to catch the bus so after Hannah, Harrison and I did that, we met my parents at Ihop for a birthday breakfast with mom. She looked so pretty in her rusty orange colored corduroy jacket. My brother and his family showed up shortly after and we ate and laughed, watched mom open presents, ate a piece of the most beautiful birthday cake I have ever seen and then went our separate ways.

Justin was at Farm Fest with his SIGMA group and Hannah, Harrison, and I went on to bus ministry. Mom and dad happened to be at bus ministry Saturday too. Daddy was preaching on the many hats he has worn. The best hat he ever wore was the helmet of salvation. And of course he had all different sorts of hats he was trying on. Kids love visuals, you know. I had only heard of the sermon because I was in another class with the kindergarten through second graders. But the wonderful news is that five children were saved.

During the story of creation, I told the little ones that I was teaching that God had an enemy and his name was Lucifer. Well, after the story was over we had a question and answer time. I asked the children, "God had an enemy! What was the enemy's name?" I got answers like Lucas and Lucky. Finally, one little girl said, "I know!" So I asked her what the enemy's name was and she stumbled through her answer. "It was Lu...Lu...Luficisor!" "Good enough," I said, "Give her some candy!" Of course I did correct her for the sake of the other children. :)

After bus ministry we went to mom's house to spend a little bit of time with her before daddy and Hannah left for rest home ministry. Mom was thrilled with one of the gifts daddy had bought her that afternoon. They had stopped in at Brother Johnny's consignment shop Totally You and she fell in love with a mission style rocking chair that had a navy and off white checked padding on the seat. It's so pretty. She sat in it about the whole time we were at their house.

Mom had a knee replaced last year and will be having the other replaced the first week of next month so I bought her two nightgowns and my brother bought her two nightgowns for the hospital. What was funny is that we both bought one pink and one blue. Strange minds think alike. If you knew us, you would agree with that statement. :)

Sunday, I had to be at the church at 4:00 so that Justin could practice with his group. They sang a new song called You Had Your Hand On Me. A line in the song says When I didn't have my hand in yours, you had your hand on me. I know I've been there more than a few times. We don't realize when we're out of God's will that He is right there waiting for us to just reach back up and take His hand. It's not until we have regrets and memories we would like to forget that we realize He never took His hand off of us. And that makes me truly grateful and thankful to be a child of God.