Thimble Thoughts: Good Day

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Good Day

Before we left for church this morning I asked the Lord to bless the services today and to give me a personal blessing. By the time the choir sang the first song I was overwhelmed with thankfulness for the things that He has done in our lives. Not for monetary things, although He has supplied above and beyond our every need. But for the blessings that come our way in spiritual things. Today, especially, I was thankful for Justin. Mind you, I'm thankful for all three of our children. They are each a blessing to me in different ways. But there is a change taking place in my son and I can see the Lord working in His life. I remember rocking him as a baby late one night and asking God to use his life one day. I see the beginnings of a great man and know that God is going to do something special with him. There is a lot to learn about raising a teenager and I know that mistakes are inevitable, but I pray that I can always be a guiding force in his life, teaching him to continually seek God's will in every aspect and every decision that he makes.

Hannah played her piccolo for the first time in orchestra today. She was very nervous and very self conscience because she is the only one playing a piccolo, but she did very good. And the song they played was Jesus Paid It All. I have heard the orchestra practice this song and I have to admit I was worried, but it was absolutely beautiful today. Brother Mike McCurry has done a great job with our orchestra. Thank you, Brother Mike....I know you're reading this!!

We had lunch at Mom and Dad's again today. It was great. Thanks Mom.

Evening service was exceptional! A missionary from Peru was here. His ministry is adopting out Peruvian children to Christian homes here in the states. I enjoyed hearing him speak and am very interested in his ministry. I've never heard of a ministry quite like his before.

Good day!

Labels: