Thimble Thoughts: Our Day

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Our Day

Today was a long and prosperous day. It was filled with physical pain, laughter and gaining knowledge. Bruce always tells our kids two things. (1) Knowledge is power and (2) The choices you make, dictate the life you lead. Both statements are true. I don't know why I thought to tell you those, but maybe they'll help you in some way in the near future.

There was nothing exciting to write about, so I'll just brief you on our day.

I was wondering this morning who came up with the typing keyboard and decided it would be a good subject for Justin to work on today. So here's what we found out....The typewriter was invented by a man named Charles Sholes in 1867. He did not have the finances to make and sell the typewriter, so in 1873 there was a contract written up between Mr. Sholes and E. Remington who was financially able to help make the typewriter, thus resulting in becoming the first step to our modern technology. Now, I know this bit of trivia probably does not interest you in the least, but just think how smart you'll feel if it's ever brought up in conversation! Thank you Justin, for digging up this information.

Hannah completed her school work today and began practicing her piano. I realized she was becoming increasingly frustrated with the song she was working on, Bring Them In, and told her I thought maybe she should take a break. And so she did. She picked up a book she's been reading for the last couple of days called, The Goat That Ate A Cow. It's a delightful story. Hannah has enjoyed reading it.

Harrison had a touch of fever today....Spring fever, that is. That child had a very difficult time concentrating on his school work today. But he did finish his work and was finally able to answer the call of the outdoors. At one point I looked out the front door to see him torturing the cat. Of course Harrison wasn't really torturing the cat, but in the hands of a five year old, a feline may feel somewhat tortured and judging by the look on Tom's fuzzy face, I would say he was feeling just that. God blessed us with a very tranquil cat. Bless his little heart. Harrison played outside until I called him for a nap. He was none too pleased with that idea, but I needed a nap which meant he needed one too. All mothers know exactly what I'm talking about, right??

I never did get a nap. I had the worst headache I've ever had today. The pain was so intense that I couldn't sleep. After thirty minutes of trying to sleep, I gave up on the idea and started supper. By the end of supper, my headache had subsided and the evening was fine. My dear hubby said we needed a special dessert tonight so he went to the store and bought all the items needed for a delectable banana split. SONIC ain't got nothin on what we had tonight. (I'm sorry, Mrs. Parris, I know that's bad grammar but that statement is synonymous with how I felt about the dessert.) The only thing that could have made it better is if all of you had been here to share a banana split with us.

Labels: