Thimble Thoughts: Babysitting and Parties

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Babysitting and Parties

This weekend was fun. After cleaning Mom's house yesterday (Friday) I had lunch with my friend, Janet, while Bruce and Justin got started working on the house. When I came home from lunch Hannah, Harrison and I went to babysit four children in our church. Their dad was leaving for Patstor's school at Hyle's Anderson today and the children and their mother were leaving for Florida to visit family while he was away. They are a really sweet couple and their family is a blessing. We had a lot of fun with the children last night. Starting with Hannah and Harrison, we had a ten year old, two five year olds, a four year old, a three year old, and a 10 month old. Their Mom is getting ready to have number five. They're all terrific kids and I'm sure this next one will be too.

This morning, Hannah, Harrison and I left early so that Justin and Bruce could continue working on the house....in peace. We went to a birthday party for the little girl that used to live next door to us. That was fun. They had a shelter at Lake Crawford with a roaring fireplace going. It was very chilly this morning so the fire was nice to warm up at when the cool air became too much. Harrison has missed playing with Hartley since she and her family moved and was very happy to see her.

After the birthday party we went to a Sunday School party for the rest of the evening at the Rohrer home. The men and a couple of boys in the youth group played paintball in the woods and us gals sat around talking. That was nice. After the cook out we played a couple games of marbles (my all time favorite) and then we came home.

Bruce was hoping that he and Justin would finish this project today, but was unable to do so. I don't know if they're going to try and finish next weekend or do a little bit each day this week. I'm not even going to ask. Bruce is so sore now, bless his heart. I promised him a back massage this evening. He deserves it. Not to mention he looks like he might need one. I'm afraid if I don't give him one, he's going to wake up with his back locked up in the morning. That would be bad, wouldn't it?

We'll be having supper again at Mom and Dad's tomorrow. She's fixing lasagna. I told her she was going to spoil us if she kept having us over on Sunday afternoon. I could get used to that!!

Labels: ,