Thimble Thoughts: 19th Anniversary

Sunday, March 19, 2006

19th Anniversary

Today was the 19th Anniversary of Pastor and Mrs. Goodman coming to our church. We love them so much. They've been a testimony and blessing to our family since we started there in 2002. Thank you, Pastor and Mrs. Goodman for years of love and service. The Morrow family sure loves y'all!!

The message this morning was "GOD KNOWS" and it was such a good sermon for the Christian and unsaved alike. During the invitaion, Brother Medlin's son-in-law walked on top of the pew to get to the isle so that he could get to the alter and be saved. That tore Bruce and I up the rest of the day. To see someone that ready to come to Christ. That was a blessing.

On a more sad note today, we found out that Brother Bobby Roberson of Gospel Light Baptist Church in Walkertown was diagnosed with cancer and it does not look good. I don't know how bad it really is, but please keep him in your prayers. He's a wonderful man of God.

When Bruce was working on the house this weekend, there was a lot of dust and dirt that accumulated from the work. At first, the dirt and dust was scattered and it didn't look like much but I knew I needed to sweep it up because it certainly couldn't stay there. First of all, it's DIRT! Who wants dirt in the house? Second of all, some people, like Harrison and Justin, have allergies to dust and dirt. What kind of mother would I be if I let the dirt stay in the house knowing it was making my children sick?
I got to thinking of that pile of dirt and the sickness it can cause and the dirt that we, as Christians, allow into our lives on an everyday basis. To us, it may be a little thing, or maybe we don't even realize it's there. But it is there and eventually that dirt becomes a larger pile until our soul is sick. Or it makes the soul of someone around us sick because we have become a stumbling block. I've been sick in spirit, needing Christ to sweep out the dirt. It's a terrible place to find yourself. It could be our words, our dress, our music, our attitude toward others. It could be anything. We should always be asking ourselves what the dirt piling up in our lives is and be in continual prayer in asking the Lord to keep us clean.


Psalm 19:12-14 "....cleanse thou me from secret faults. Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me: then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Labels: ,