Thimble Thoughts: Turkeys and Reposted Blog Posts.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Turkeys and Reposted Blog Posts.

After school today, I put a turkey in the oven. The company Bruce works for bought us one for Christmas but I never got around to cooking it, so we're having it for dinner tonight...and tomorrow...and probably Thursday. It's a pretty big turkey. lol While I worked on the turkey, Bruce took Justin to work at the mission. He'll be going back tomorrow to finish up.

I went to get my hair trimmed, ran an errand to the church, and then stopped at Wal Mart. I carried my Ipod in with me and was enjoying my tunes when I saw a friend of mine there. I went to talk to her and she asked, "Did they just page you?" I said, "No, nobody knows I'm here." She said, "Hmm, I thought I heard your name called." We talked a few more minutes and parted ways.


When I got home, Hannah said, "Mom, did they page you at Wal Mart?" I jerked my ahead around and exclaimed, "Why do you ask?" She said, "Because I called up there and had you paged. I waited for nearly fifteen minutes when I finally gave up." Apparently, I had mentioned to her where I was going after my hair appointment. So when the turkey's juice began to overflow out of the pan and sizzle onto the pan under the pan she knew she had to do something. First things first...call mom! When mom doesn't answer, take matters into your own hands. So she saved the day by taking this HUGE turkey out of the oven, transfering it to another pan, rewrapping it in foil and sticking it back in the oven. What would I do without my little girl? HUH?? So anyway, after some investigating, the pan did not overflow. It was one of those tin foil pans and there was a hole in the bottom of it. How it got there, I do not know. And I never did see it to begin with. Anyway, it's great to have a daughter who knew what to do! AND! She fixed a spice cake with cream cheese icing for dessert. Of course since her favorite color is lime green (aren't you proud, Courtney) she decided to color the icing lime green. lol


Mrs. B from
Cherish the Home has given permission for me to repost one of her blog posts here at Thimble Thoughts. I thought this was a good message and one that needs to be shared. I love missionary families. They have a special place in my heart and I'm proud to say that we attend a mission-minded church. I hope your church is mission-minded also. That's why the church was established....AMEN?

Anyway, I copied and pasted her post in it's entirety. Hope it's a blessing to ya.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were extremely blessed to have a missionary family (they're missionaries to Uganda) visiting with us at church last Sunday. I absolutely love missionaries!--I wish I had a million dollars to give to all of them. But this missionary stated something I found so interesting. He said even though financially supporting missionaries is vital and important he stressed that it's even more important that we pray for them in a real and meaningful way (
2 Cor 1:11). And then during Sunday school he taught us how to pray for missionaries and their needs in a very clever way using the days of the week.

He started with (
James 5:16b)--"The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much."--Prayer is our weapon.

~oOo~
**Sunday--Spiritual life. (2 Peter 3:18) He said if missionaries aren't careful, they can get so caught up in the ministering aspect of missionary work and the difficulties of the day, that the day is suddenly gone and the Bible hasn't been opened and real, meaningful prayer hasn't happened. The culture in other countries is so different, things like bill paying, food preparation etc. is much more difficult and time consuming. And then they still have to minister to the people in their church or the surrounding area.He said it's very important that we pray for missionaries to stay in the word and stay close to the Lord through prayer.

**Monday--Money. (
Phil 4:14) Support needs, personal stewardship, wisdom to know who and when to give financial help, when asked. He said that the dollar is not worth as much as it used to be and this has caused many missionaries' support to become less. And then there are people who come and ask him for financial help. He needs wisdom to know when to give financial help and when to say no or perhaps give food or something else in place of money.

**Tuesday--Temptation. (
1 Peter 5:8) (Ephesians 6:11) The temptation to be lazy or inactive (Hebrews 13:18). To give up. Or to be impure in mind or body.

**Wednesday--Witnessing. (
Acts 4:29) Boldness to preach the gospel. Learn their language. An ability to present a clear presentation of the gospel (Acts 8:4).--There are many expressions used in English that don't make sense when translated to other languages. The missionary must keep this in mind when preaching or witnessing. Spread the gospel quickly.

**Thursday--Team Members. (
Col 3:12-13) Pray for the missionaries who are working together to get along with each other. Also to keep a right relationship with the Nationals. A missionary can't have the attitude that they are superior to the Nationals.

**Friday--Family. (
1 Timothy 5:8) Their wives and children need them to spend time with them and to not neglect them. Also pray for their safety.

**Saturday--Safety. (
Psalm 3:3) Traveling, physical health, protection etc...

And two final Scriptures he shared with us:

-Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me; (Romans 15:30)

-Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: (2 Thessalonians 3:1)

I hope you all found this as helpful as I did. (o:

Blessings,
Mrs. B

Labels: ,