Thimble Thoughts: Cookie Icing

Friday, December 21, 2007

Cookie Icing


If you're like me, you want a nice sugar cookie icing other than just Betty Crocker in a can. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I've used it myself. But I'm forever looking for an icing that's more festive and pretty. So I found one today for Poured Cookie Icing that dries fast and shiny. If you're going to do sugar cookies in the next day or so and want to try this very easy icing, I posted it on my Blogger's Recipes.

I cleaned mom's house today while she was quarantined to her room. Yes, quarantined. She had an upset stomach at work yesterday and became very sick with this stomach flu everyone is sharing over the Christmas holiday. Bless her heart, she couldn't even stand up. My advice to her is a large dose of milk of magnesia, as often as needed and allowed by the dose chart. This does not stop the virus, but I have found that it helps to take the edge off.

Bruce is off for four days for Christmas. He brought home pizza tonight and we're getting ready to watch Frosty the Snowman with the kids. I'm looking forward to having my sweetheart home for a few days. He's so much fun to be around.

We had play practice last night. It was our last practice so I hope everything goes all right Sunday night. Every year I worry about the play and then it turns out being sweet. I mean, parents really only want to see their child up there waving at them, right? If you're in the area, come on by and see it. "Precious Memories," December 23, 6:00PM. We'd love to have you there.

Labels: , ,