Thimble Thoughts: December 15, Family Reunion

Saturday, December 15, 2007

December 15, Family Reunion

Bruce had plans with Justin and Hannah this morning so Harrison and I went to the fellowship building where he participated in bus ministry and I helped Mrs. Janet cook for the Senior Saints Christmas lunch tomorrow after church.

When we were finished, I dropped Harrison off at home and went back out to Wal Mart to pick up a couple of Christmas gifts.

When I got home I made another batch of cookies and got ready for our family reunion. I should warn you that there are many pictures in this post. I'm sure you're not at all surprised about that.

Crystal is youngest of Bruce's cousins. She and I were serving drinks so she was sneaking to the kitchen on her tippy-toes during prayer.


Travis


When we were finished eating, Crystal read the story of The Little Match Girl. I remember reading that story as a child. She told some redneck jokes after that.


Nik and Mackenzie. Mackenzie is so sweet.


This is Bruce's cousin Ricky. I am positive that he is a wonderful Pastor, but I am also positive he is an absolute nut. LOL He wrote a poem that ended on a very sweet note, and then sang a song he had written about layaway, which had us all rolling in laughter.


Next was time for everyone to pass out their gifts. Aunt Vicky is passing out candy canes and the story of the candy cane.


This is Bruce's cousin Phyllis and her hubby, Dale.


Everette is the youngest of my Mother-in-law's siblings and Janette is the oldest sister.


One of the newest members to the family is the young man in the blue shirt. He married Faye and Scott's daughter this year. That's Scott in the striped shirt.


The newlywed bride is leaning in on her mother, Faye. You could tell they were very happy.

Mackenzie....ain't she cute?


Jordan is dating our niece Brittney.


This is me and our niece, Brandy....yes, she and Britt are twins.


Britt giving her favorite Aunt a kiss.


Aunt Julie was showing one of her gifts. She's been wearing her hair a little different these days and it looks so pretty. But I must admit that I was disappointed she wasn't wearing her Mary Magdalene shoes. (That's an inside joke.)


This is Ricky's daughter and his wife.

Corey is married to Michelle. I found out tonight that they work in their church as Sunday School teachers for special needs children. I believe he said they have eight autistic children in their class.


LeAnne and Travis.....awwwwwwww


The newest newleyweds, Adam and Jessica.


Uncle Robert looked down just when I snapped the picture. He is Aunt Sylvia's husband a real sweetheart!

Sieria (Crystal, I'm sorry if I spelled her name wrong.) Anyway, she loved her doll.


And her brother Austin was totally captivated with his remote control car.


I thought it was sweet to see JD's grandaughter reading him the story of the candy cane.


This is Bruce's great Aunt Dorothy.


This is Kelly and her mom (Bruce's cousin) Linda.

And this is Kelly's husband with their absolutely beautiful and sweet little boy. He was so precious!


This is Aunt Pat, Uncle JD's wife.


This is Bruce's cousin Michael and his wife.


Aunt Angie and Uncle Everette. Aunt Angie is always so fun to talk to. She's such a nice person and so friendly. I don't think I've ever seen her without a smile on her face.


This is my sister-in-law, Liberty and Bruce's mother, Marie.


Bruce's brother, Bryan, making a crazy face.


And these are the Baker children, minus Uncle Vernon who wasn't able to make it and Uncle Larry who passed away nearly three years ago. We missed them!
From left to right back row is Roger, Everette, JD, Richard, and Fred.
From left to right front row is Judy, Janette, Sylvia, and Marie.

The siblings and their spouses.

Me and Crystal


Me and Michelle

Me and Liberty

Me and Liberty being silly.

Bruce's brother Barry and his sons Zach and Elijah.

Liberty and I grabbed Carl and gave him sugars. He squirmed, but couldn't get away. That's my other nephew, Elijah, in the back.

Harrison couldn't get away from us either. LOL


It was a fun night and we had a really good time. We missed Bruce's brother, Mitch, and his wife, Angie being there. Mitch is currently serving in the Navy. I don't think I can tell where he's at, so I'm not going to do that. But Lord willing, he'll be home with his wife and two little boys for Christmas. Won't that be nice?

Labels: ,