Thimble Thoughts: December 11

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

December 11

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I worked at the church this morning trying to find the costumes and props for our play, which is on the 23rd. I'm kind of excited about it. I've written too many skits to count, but this is the first play. There's a lot of singing in the play too. One of those songs is called Gift Wrapped, In Swaddling Clothes, which was written by a man in our church, and the youth choir sounds so good singing it. I'm hoping that the message of the Christmas season is received by those who are there to see it.

The name of the play is Precious Memories. It's about a family whose dad has lost his job and they've had to move in with "grandmother." That's all I'll share since several people at my church read my blog. *smile*

So I found my props and costumes, all but the shepherds costumes. Dear, sweet Mrs. Gladys has agreed to whip some up for us. YAY! Mrs. Janet is getting my small family Christmas tree, and everything should be ready to go!

I started getting a headache at the church and by the time I got home it was really getting bad. After making egg salad and seeing Bruce off to work, I took some medicine and went to bed. Meghan woke me up when she called and honestly I couldn't recall our conversation when we hung up. I had to sit up and think about it, realizing she needed me to watch her children while she went to the doctor. Fortunately, she called Pam, who was available for her. Then Mrs. Janet called and asked me to email her mother the poem I read at our Ladies Thanksgiving Fellowship. She gave me her mother's email address and I went on my search to find the poem. I sat in front of my computer and just stared at it. I couldn't remember what I was looking for. I knew I had written something down so I looked at the paper and finally remembered
what I was doing. But apparently I wrote the email addy down wrong even after reading it back to Mrs. Janet because I ended up having to send it four times before I got the email address correct. Needless to say, those Percogesics really do a number on my brain. They totally shut me down. I probably should have only taken two. But three seemed so much more enticing at the time.

So after gaining some sort of wits about myself, my head is still hurting, but not as bad. I made a quick trip to the store for some things I need for Thursday and I've settled in for the night. I'm going to feed the cat, give the guinea pig his bell pepper, and hit the sack. Y'all have a great night!

Labels: