Thimble Thoughts: Another Retraction

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Another Retraction

Remember when I said that I did not want to be linked to Peter Ruckman by saying I was KJB? Well, I'm going to retract that. I still don't want to be linked to Ruckman. He's a weirdo. And I still want to caution those that are getting caught up in his teachings or are friends with those that are Ruckmanites.

But Brother Jim, from Standing in the Gap, gently explained that I should not give up being a KJBer just because of this man and his teachings. He has studied the history of the King James Bible, in depth, for sometime and had made a very valid comment on my post. I wanted to share it with you. I've known Brother Jim for 26 years. A wonderful godly man, a humble man, yet not ashamed or afraid to speak the truth. He said I could post his comment if I wanted to and so I am.

Brother Jim, thank you for your email. You were absolutely correct in what you said.

Psalm 119:165, "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them."
I wanted to comment on your post about clearing up things regarding your use of the term King James Bible. I don't think you should be so quick in giving up this term just because of your being afraid to be labeled a term after Ruckman... I personally like to use the term King James Bible and I don't think you should drop that term because of one man!!! And I for sure don't follow Ruckman and his teachings!!!

Do you know Fred Phelps, the sicko wacko pastor that protests military funerals and hates fags and such and from time to time gets plenty of air time on the news??? I think he and his church also protested Jerry Falwell's funeral with fag signs and such.... anyway, he pastors a so-called BAPTIST church out in Kansas.... even thought he is totally wrong in his belief system, I don't plan to drop the name Baptist because of him.... I am a Baptist because I believe that is the church which is following the example of a church as laid in the New Testament.

I know plenty of counterfeit, phony Christians...... but I don't plan on dropping the name of Christian because of them.

I know plenty of ungrateful, unpatriotic, sissy Americans...... but I don't plan on dropping the name of American.

In the same sense, I won't drop using the term King James Bible because of what others might say.... the King James Bible is the Bible. It didn't become a Version until all the other counterfeit Bibles began to show up during the 1900's... think of the other earlier English bibles prior to the King James.... Geneva, Tyndale, Wycliffe, etc. When people speak of them historically, do you hear the term Geneva Version or Tyndale Version, or do you hear the Geneva Bible or the Tyndale Bible??? In most of my studies, I hear the latter.... the same is said about the King James Bible.

I'm not fussin at you, but I did want to comment about this. I have no idea what happened that would cause you to post this change in thinking, other than maybe someone called you a Ruckmanite. I wouldn't let that bother you..... the term King James Bible is not totally exclusive to him. I know you aren't a Ruckmanite...... but I do know you believe the King James Bible is the perfect, inerrant, infallible Word of God. Why drop the term and replace it with the liberal bible believers who like their many versions!!!

I didn't want to comment on the post itself to seem to be argumentative, and I don't mean this to be argumentative either. I was just trying to encourage you not to give up with that term..... I would much rather use King James Bible than King James Version, but I guess it just really is a preference....

You can slim this down and post it if it makes you change your mind on the situation.... but of course, that is not necessary. I am just trying to get you to think and pray about this situation and possibly reconsider retracting that post instead of retracting the use of the term King James Bible.
Standing in the Gap,
Bro. Jim
ETA:
In case you get any negative comments about my use of the term fags in my post..... I should have put that in quotes.... that is usually the term used by Fred Phelps and his followers on their protest signs at military funerals. Since I was talking about him I used that term, but it should have been in quotes!!!

I typically do not use that term at all.... in speech or in writing. I should have made myself clearer.
Standing in the Gap,
Bro. Jim

Labels: ,